frd03-aux/s replacement

cleve98

LVC Member
Reaction score
Hello there I have a 2006 lincoln ls with not navigation im looking to add a auxiliary input to my car I was told the pie frd03-aux/s would work for my car but I been seaching for a while no luck.I was told p.I.e the company who make frd03-aux /s went out of business by any chance do anybody know where I can find this item available or a replacement for this item.thank you

I was looking into doing a frd03-aux input as well until I also found out that the company went out of business. What I ended up installing was an FM modulator, works by playing your aux input through a radio station but it cancels out the interference from the other stations. Mine in my car works great, I get better quality then the radio and much better quality then a wireless fm transmitter.

The install was easy, simply take out radio and plug the modulator into antenna socket, then the antenna into the modulator, I spiced power to a 12v accessory and ran the switch and Aux-RCA cord through the arm rest. here is one on amazon:

http://www.amazon.ca/Is31-Universal...8&qid=1429108105&sr=8-5&keywords=fm+modulator

The quality of sound I hear is better than a staticy radio station. Sorry for just trying to help...

I was researching the fRD03-AUX/S for my 06 with THX/ NAV, i was wondering if it's worth the trouble to get XM . It would be nice to it all in one.

Do know any item I can use beside the fm modulator to get better sound quality.

I installed the IS77 in my Town Car (Single CD Head Unit) and it works beautifully. The great thing about the IS77 is that it is first in line to the Head Unit. You plug it into the Antenna port and then plug the Antenna into it. It charges my iPod when in use and there is NO STATIC from bleed over at all.

I installed the ON/OFF switch in the Ash Tray and the control unit fit nicely under the AUX Port. I had the Head Unit out of the LS not too long ago and there is plenty of room in there for the IS77 Unit, which is about the size of a deck of cards, albeit a little thicker. At first, I was going to use the 3.5mm Headphone Jack and my non-iPhone but later went with an iPod Nano. For the IS77, you can have one or the other but not both. The iPhone/iPod Adapter is your best choice.

IPod.jpg

IPod.jpg

any Ideas? just want to see if anyone has used this setup

Last edited:
Have you listened to satellite radio before?
I thought it might be good until some of the rentals I had with it. Each music channel seemed to just repeat the same 20 songs over and over. The comedy channels were each good for an hour or two, then they just repeated the same bits over and over. I use a 120G iPod. I have months of no repeats.

I'm not paying for satellite radio when I have all the radio stations I want free of charge on AM and FM. As Joe said, why pay for 3 hours of music a month when you can get the same 3 hours of music for nothing? Besides, I have some 500+ music CDs. My collection is larger than many radio stations have anyway, with the added advantage that none of it sucks because it's all stuff I like.

That's all good but I don't need a mortgage, a new car and the rest of those commercials. Cds are great i have a butt load too.
I just like my xm

I've got the entire Sirius (they're the same as XM, correct??) satellite kit in my garage, including a never used/installed antenna. I took it out of my '06 w/THX/NAV before I sold it. The kit can be yours for a measly $150+ shipping (which shouldn't be too much). I paid waaaaay more than that!

Still in the research phase of this.
But i will keep that in mind ls

Members online

Back