found what i was looking for

not bad looking going with the 20s or 18s ? also if you plan on lowering the car you will need a higher offset

so i can't lower the car with 38+??? mayn just when i found the rims that will make my car look good

You're still mixed up - spacers are going to push the wheel further out towards the lip of the fenders. With a +38 offset, you don't want spacers at all.

ok am :confused: whats the harm in getting a 38 offset because i always see people fussing about getting a offset lower than 40

not bad looking going with the 20s or 18s ? also if you plan on lowering the car you will need a higher offset

am going with 20s is their a way to get the rims and still be able to lower the car ?? i really like the rims and also plan on lowering the car

if your wheels stick out more, they are (more) likely to rub when you turn; the circumference of the turn is larger, but the inner mark of the bumper- which is fixed regardless of spacers- remains constant, and so the clearance between those two points (the leading edge of the tire and the inner mark of the bumper) is closer.

that's a problem...

I was lowered on 20s with a 35 offset, just run a 225/35/20 tire, you should be fine.

I know the whole offset is confusing to picture, it was hard for me to.

A +38 offset means the rim bolts on +38mm to the outside out the rim's center. It's all relative to the rim's center line, not the distance from edge of the rim to the car's wheel well . A 7.5'' rim with a +60 offset, stock rim, will be deeper in the wheel well than a 7.5'' rim with a +40 offset. Thats why some people get 20mm spacers for stock wheels to push the rims towards the outside to get a wider stance. Getting a 20mm spacer on +60mm stock wheels means the edge of the spacer, where the rim bolts on to, will now be closer to the rim's center line, reducing your offset by 20mm not increasing it and pushing the rim towards the outside.

By the way.

I think you can use the 18's on the ls, you'll just need to get your fender rolled. XxbmxlsxX has 18's with +35 offset I believe and he is lowered and he cut some of his spring to go even lower. I dont know about the 20's though

interesting. it is confusing...

but if you change the offset do you change the load on the front end components since the geometry changes?

has anyone got a 38+ offset and if so any problems?? and can they post pictures please...i want those rims badly in 20s. i don't do 18s way too small but i don't want my car messing up :(

Width of the rim is a factor as well. A 20X7.5 is going to be less of an issue than a 20X8 or 20X8.5 if the offsets are the same on all three.

From what I read a couple years ago on here you can go as low as 42mm with a 20X8.5 running a 245/35R20 tire without rubbing on Eibachs, but there are always exceptions (individual tire size, weight in the car, etc.) so don't qoute me on that. That is about the biggest wheel & tire/lowest offset combo I can remember reading about a couple years ago when I was looking at aftermarket 20" rims for my 02.

Missing Linc' said he was lowered with 20's with 35 mm offset so ask him about his details.

has anyone got a 38+ offset and if so any problems?? and can they post pictures please...i want those rims badly in 20s. i don't do 18s way too small but i don't want my car messing up :(

I had issues with the 18s I had on mine that were +38 offset. I have pics of them (the chrome KMCs) in my photo gallery on here.

I had issues with the 18s I had on mine that were +38 offset. I have pics of them (the chrome KMCs) in my photo gallery on here.

issues?? what kind of issues are you talking about...if lowering my car is a issue then i won't because i really love those first rims

Rubbing issues cause he was lowered on eibachs.

Rims with is also an issue, like lincoln luebbe said. Like ferrari rims, the offset is right, but the rear rims are 10'' wide so they wont fit.

Rubbing issues cause he was lowered on eibachs.

Rims with is also an issue, like lincoln luebbe said. Like ferrari rims, the offset is right, but the rear rims are 10'' wide so they wont fit.

ok the rim is 5x108 20x8.5 38+ offset...what problem can i possible have if i don't lower it??
all this stuff is really complicated..but its getting clearer now

None when it's just sitting there or cruising, but if you go over bumps, dips, ect, you'll most likely rub. If you're really set on getting those rims, you can make them fit. You'll need to roll your fender and pic the right tire size, you'll be sacrificing tire size and ride comfort to make them fit, but to some people a nicer rim is better than a comfy ride.

None when it's just standing there, but if you go over bumps, dips, ect, you'll most likely rub. If you're really set on getting those rims, you can make them fit. You'll need to roll your fender and pic the right tire size, you'll be sacrificing tire size and ride comfort to make them fit, but to some people a nicer rim is better than a comfy ride.

never mind then i will just keep looking.. i saw the rims on cardomain ang the look fugly IMO not my kind of look
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3139763

Members online

No members online now.
Back