Found some '03-'04 Cobra cams

Fr500's, gt supercar, or crowers.. no matter which way you go when you increase the lift take care of the springs and valves at the same time.
I've never had an issue with roller OHC when reusing a cam.
That being said you should always check them.

Lift is not really what you need in 4 valves. Duration is much more important. Fr500 high lifts in a mark would not be a good combo.

Fr500's, gt supercar, or crowers.. no matter which way you go when you increase the lift take care of the springs and valves at the same time.

I agree. Springs AND retainers I've heard. What about the valves anyhow? I'm curious for future reference.

If you get the fr500 cams they came as a set; valves, springs, retainers, and followers (32) the later sets only came with 16 followers. These were for the exhaust cams. The followers were the same ratio as the stock ones, just the arc was different to clear the retainer because of the lift. I've got 32 to be safe, they are the same part number as the 4.0 runs. It came with SS valves which are a factory upgrade over what we have; the will work with factory springs and retainers. most used an aftermarket spring and retainer because the ones that came in the set required you to run the mentioned followers.
they are a very streetable cam as well as the GT supercar cams. I looked at the stage 2 & 3 cams but $1200 to $1600 for 4 bump sticks was a little much. IMO.

Members online

No members online now.
Back