Found some '03-'04 Cobra cams

Stangman

Project car a.d.d.
Reaction score
Picked em up locally for $75 for all 4 :D

Hopefully going to get the C heads they came off of if he decides to sell them.

Otherwise I have another set of B heads to put em in.

One more piece of the puzzle to eventually put a blower on my car!

Picked em up locally for $75 for all 4 :D

Hopefully going to get the C heads they came off of if he decides to sell them.

Otherwise I have another set of B heads to put em in.

One more piece of the puzzle to eventually put a blower on my car!

No good really.

Please explain good sir

They are same as is whats in your engine now.
96-98 Cam Specs: COBRA
Intake: Primary Lobe 196 duration (at .050)/ 390 lift
Secondary Lobe 206 duration (at .050)/ 390 lift
Exhaust: 196 duration / 390 lift (at .050)
114° LCs

99/01 Cam Specs:
Intake: 194 duration (at .050) / 392 lift
Exhaust: 194 duration (at .050)/ 390 lift
114° LCs

Mach 1, 03/04 Cobra, Aviator, Marauder.
Intake: 184 deg @ .050"/0.394" lift
Exhaust: 196 deg @ .050 / .394" lift
114° LCs

Mark VIII
Intake: 184 deg @ .050"/0.390" lift
Exhaust: 196 deg @ .050 / .390" lift
114° LCs

So they are the SAME cams.

Info I have found points to .398 lift and 195@.050

Found that by researching the part numbers on the cams

Info I have found points to .398 lift and 195@.050

Found that by researching the part numbers on the cams

Was this your findings before buying cams? If so you where banking on .008 in lift and 1 degree more duration as a bonus? ( at most, never seen your specs) Just wondering.

Well... I guess I am putting them on craigslist. They'll not do me any good. Wouldn't be the first time today something has gone wrong in my day. Sonofabitch

Sorry to bum you out dude, but thought you should know the deal. Also for other peeps cam lift #'s vary on any MK8 engine via the cam followers. These vary from 1.79, to stock of 1.810 to 1.825. So a stock MK8 cam with .390 lift can vary from .384 to .392 just in follower length.

What sucks more is the first ATM I went to before buying them ate my $80 dollars :(

So I had to go to another, so I am out $160 til I can convince the bank I didn't receive my money.... fml

What sucks more is the first ATM I went to before buying them ate my $80 dollars :(

So I had to go to another, so I am out $160 til I can convince the bank I didn't receive my money.... fml

I always wondered what would happen if ATM did this to me.

FR500 cams are a good choice, you would need high lift springs to go with it.
If you use the FR500 valves, springs, and retainers you'll need new followers. The followers from a 4.0 is what have to be run.
If you run a SC with the FR500 cams then retard the exh cams 5* if I remember right.

FR500 cams are a good choice, you would need high lift springs to go with it.
If you use the FR500 valves, springs, and retainers you'll need new followers. The followers from a 4.0 is what have to be run.
If you run a SC with the FR500 cams then retard the exh cams 5* if I remember right.

Can't you also run gt supercar rockers and lifters with those valves and springs?

Also never ever under ANY circumstances get USED cams for ANY engine.

Honestly technology has come a long way. I've reused cams from other vehicles in 2v, 3v, and 4v 4.6's and 5.4's without issues. Just don't mix the caps unless you want to line hone them.

Also never ever under ANY circumstances get USED cams for ANY engine.

I don't go by this with roller cams at all. Flat tappet cam true. A used in good shape roller cam I would and will buy no problems. I sure as heck am not paying 1300 dollars for new set of cams. Thats my whole engine build budget right there!!

I don't go by this with roller cams at all. Flat tappet cam true. A used in good shape roller cam I would and will buy no problems. I sure as heck am not paying 1300 dollars for new set of cams. Thats my whole engine build budget right there!!

Agreed!

I've bought and sold 5.0 pushrod motor roller cams many times w/ no issues.

Now when it comes to THOSE I know my territory... not these modulars... lol

That's where I was confused. I remember hearing about the same thing.

But when I bought these I couldn't remember if it was those or the ones I bought. Oh well.

LOL!

You should be able to tell by like a serial number or something. Plus, who lists C cams anyways? Everyone knows they are crap.

Members online

No members online now.
Back