Found New OEM LSE Rear Plate Surround

Pinknuts

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
OK so I talked to my local Ford parts manager and he located a few '02 ebony LSE rear license plate surrounds! Pretty cool considering they are discontinued!!! One dealer still wanted full retail for it which is like $425! But I found another dealer has a new one in the box that he will sell to me at cost. So should I pull the trigger on this? I know you guys told me I should paint my chrome one anyways. But my chrome one is broken on the top tab behind the Lincoln logo, so I need a new surround anyways.

You tortured the guy trying to find it for you then he gives you a good break on the price.........BUY IT ALREADY!

Agreed. Buy it. Then if you don't want it you could probably flip it.

No I didn't torture him. He just told me if I ever need any parts he can hook me up. So he just looked it up and located a few and gave me the contact info.

Damn pink, you just have loads of money sitting around? You're just throwing money at this LS... I like it :D

If it's at cost and a new one then you really can't do better than that. Are you thinking of doing a gen 2 rear bumper too?

Damn pink, you just have loads of money sitting around? You're just throwing money at this LS... I like it :D

If it's at cost and a new one then you really can't do better than that. Are you thinking of doing a gen 2 rear bumper too?

I just had some money from buying and selling a few cars lately and I work for a living. LOL but yes I have put a lot of money in this car lately. I'm addicted and can't stop! I don't plan on getting a Gen 2 rear bumper BC I just bought my current sport bumper to get rid of that nasty chrome.

Actually you can put a gen two bumper on but it will not line up correctly in the middle with the rear surround. This has been discussed and few times in the past and I posted a pic of a car from cardomain of a guy who did it. It did looked off and it's noticeable IMO too much.

OK guys that's cool and all but I do not want the Gen 2 rear end. I never had any plans to convert it and never will LOL

And guess what? I just ordered it. It will be here Saturday. Can't wait to put it on. I'm probably going to get the deck lid painted also to match the new paint on the new surround.

Look what just showed up.

2011-05-31142750.jpg

What could it be...?

2011-05-31142857.jpg

I wonder what it is...?

2011-05-31143402.jpg

Oh hello there OEM LSE rear plate surround!!! :biggrin:

Nice buy. Painted surrounds are infinitely better then chrome

I do agree sir. I can't wait to get it put on. I'm trying to decide if I should wait until I get the trunk repainted to put it on or not. I have a feeling the new surround will look better than the old trunk paint. Oh well

Can I ask how much you got that for? Any idea if they could get 1 more?

I picked it up at dealer cost which was $250. Not bad for a discontinued hard to find item like this one. That was the only one that dealer had. The other places I called were still wanting full price for theirs.

That's a great price for a painted LSE part no doubt. If your worried about the paint being differnt maybe take a clay bar and some serious wax to the trunk/bumper. When I first got my LS I clay barred the entire car it made a word of difference. Pektel can chime in on the best products to use

I do agree sir. I can't wait to get it put on. I'm trying to decide if I should wait until I get the trunk repainted to put it on or not. I have a feeling the new surround will look better than the old trunk paint. Oh well

Just put it on. You are not impatient enough like the rest of us ;)

That's a great price for a painted LSE part no doubt. If your worried about the paint being differnt maybe take a clay bar and some serious wax to the trunk/bumper. When I first got my LS I clay barred the entire car it made a word of difference. Pektel can chime in on the best products to use

I shall give that a try.

Just put it on. You are not impatient enough like the rest of us ;)

Lol OK I will put it on tomorrow afternoon after work.

Put it in asap.

That's what she said ;)

Members online

No members online now.
Back