Found Door Code!! 2004 Lincoln LS

briasmit91

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Hey guys! I pulled my driver's door panel off to see if I can grease the door handle since it retracts in place slowly. After looking around at all of the different modules, I came across this label on the lower left hand corner of the door. Unfortunately, I bought my car with just one key, no remote either. I figure this'll come in handy. IMG_0003.jpgIMG_0004.jpg

IMG_0003.jpg

IMG_0004.jpg

Why would the part number be handy? What am I missing here in relation to the title 'Found Door Code!'?

I guess it is a part number, but maybe it's just a coincidence? Sorry man.

Hard to believe it is a coincidence. I'd almost venture a guess that the PO had the door panel off at one point and then programmed that code in. Can you program a personal code using that code? If not, then the 14631 is the personal code, which is better than not having a code at all. The number on that tag is a part number and a search of Google will find similar FoMoCo Door Wiring Harnesses that include that numerical sequence.

Well, there are only 3125 possible combinations. It's possible.

would be real interesting if finally somebody found the actual keyless entry code after years if searching...

This was the master code! I was able to program my own code with this.

OK, that is incredible. Now I am wondering if FoMoCo has programmed in a Secret Master Code?

would be real interesting if finally somebody found the actual keyless entry code after years if searching...

Well, that is a part number on the Door Wiring Harness so the coincidence here is amazing unless what I also say in this posting is true.

As each button is actually TWO numbers, I'd be very interested in knowing what the actual code for his car is. I'd venture a guess that it really isn't that sequence.

is it not 5^5? 5 separate buttons to be pushed in a 5-button sequence. that's 3125.

If you assign each button a letter, A, B, C, D & E, there are 120 permutations if no letters are repeated. I don't know if FoMoCo repeated a button or not but my memory is telling me no.

what's the point of not repeating a button other than to (unwisely) decrease the amount of possible combinations? 95% sure my code has a repeating button.

If you assign each button a letter, A, B, C, D & E, there are 120 permutations if no letters are repeated. I don't know if FoMoCo repeated a button or not but my memory is telling me no.

I've not owned a Lincoln with a repeating number but that doesn't mean anything. I'm sure someone else will also confirm what you post.

I've not owned a Lincoln with a repeating number but that doesn't mean anything. I'm sure someone else will also confirm what you post.

My 5 have all had repeat buttons/numbers.....

my factory code is ABCDC (lol, not giving out the code but one of the numbers does repeat ...)

my factory code is ABCDC (lol, not giving out the code but one of the numbers does repeat ...)

You do realize that you have indeed given out your code? One need not know the actual numbers.....

you have no idea which button he assigned to each letter. "A" could be 1/2 or 3/4 or 5/6 and so on...

what's the point of not repeating a button other than to (unwisely) decrease the amount of possible combinations? 95% sure my code has a repeating button.

With possible repeating buttons, there are 3,125 possible combinations. If you make a rule that none of the numbers can be used twice, then there are only 120 possible combinations. That seems like a bad idea to me...

Edit: Never mind. I see this has already been covered.

You do realize that you have indeed given out your code? One need not know the actual numbers.....

the only info I gave out is that the third and fifth numbers are the same... like most math, A B C and D are just variables. they are only sequential in my post due to each number being a new (and different) variable.

I could have easily said the code was YMGTG, but that might not be as clear to some people, nor is it how I think about it...

long story short, my code is not 1/2, 3/4, 5/6, 7/8, 5/6... (there thats one less code your going to have to try to guess )

Members online

Back