Found alittle problem w/ the KKM Tru-Rev

Beamer

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
Well today I cleaned my filter and when going to put it back on I noticed something abit disturbing. When you screw the filter and adapter back to the stock piece there is on each side alittle slit/gap between the adapter and stock piece. Of course big things cannot get in it but I am sure its taking in alot of dust. Wonder why there was never a rubber piece to prevent these gaps.

I am going to get some good tape and cover this up now that I found it and am worried until I find a piece of rubber to place between them.

Just thought I would pass it along, I never noticed it when I first installed it so I was not sure if anyone else did or not.

take some pics of these gaps you noticed... im curious to see if i have them on my setup as well... do you have the v6 or v8?

There was a gasket that you should have taken from your stock set-up that would seal the two peices together. I used a piece of cork gasket, just more durable than the thin cicle gasket.

Tyler is correct above. You will need to make sure to use the gasket between the intake tube and the KKM aluminum housing. Also, there could be some differences in the molds on the plastic MAF's. Here is KKM's response to the issue:

If the bolts are tightened evenly, there will usually not be any gap. In rare cases, there have been plastic MAF bodies that had poor molding and were not flat. Ultimately, if there is a gap after tightening the adapter bolts evenly, you can always sand the plastic MAF mating face on a flat surface. With two flat surfaces to work with, there is no gasket required.

Warren
info@kustomz.com
www.kustomz.com

Only gasket from the stock system I saw was round and would be a pain to use. I thought about sanding down aswell but well put that off now that I fixed the problem. Either this gasket from the stock system was lost when the 1st owner had it or I got ripped off lol, either way I am happy its just cleaned up now. Cleaning the filter took forever, thing just did not want to dry.

Members online

No members online now.
Back