Found a Very Rare Deville!

eots44

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
So upon my searches, I came across a car I have been trying to find for 3 years. This is a 2000 Deville with a cloth interior! That's right a cloth interior. A lot of people don't know that the Deville was offered in cloth in these years, because most buyers wanted leather. If wanted your Deville with cloth, you would have had to special order it from the dealership, as most didn't stock them. This was only an option for 2000 and 2001 when they decided for the 2002 model year that leather would be the only interior upholstery offered due to how little they sold with cloth. I myself didn't know about this until 3 years ago when I saw one myself. I was very confused when I saw it. It is almost impossible to find anything about cloth on the internet, and impossible to see one of these for sale now with cloth. I was in shock when I came across this one, a 2000 Deville with the Neutral Shale cloth, (Midnight Blue the other cloth color). Interesting enough, this particular cloth Deville is more well equipped then a lot of leather Devilles, having the heated seats with power lumbar and memory, plus the onstar mirror which I believe wasn't yet standard. Although I myself prefer leather, I would own this car just for it's rarity. It also seems, cloth Deville's were sold in some of the rarest exterior colors, this one being the Parisian Blue, and the one I saw in person in Polo Green, both colors I believe were only offered in 2000, and didn't sell as much as the other colors.
07.jpg
14.jpg
03.jpg
30.jpg
31.jpg

07.jpg

14.jpg

03.jpg

30.jpg

31.jpg

Also cloth was only an option for Base Deville's, not DTS or DHS.

Is it original cloth or a recover?
yup all original! This is in the Nuetral Shale, the only other cloth color available was Midnight Blue, I assume that's the rarer of the two, it's unfortunate that this one wasn't taken care of that well, Not sure if you can tell in the pics I posted, but the drivers seat is all stained up and discolored. Yuck! Lol, but like I said it's worth owning due to its rarity, it'd be pretty interesting to see how comfortable these seats are in cloth vs leather.

wow never new the newer Deville's had cloth. I though the cloth ended in 1999

Cloth seats on a 15 year old car will almost always be in better shape than leather, but rarity doesn't mean it will be worth any more. Especially on a $1,500 to $2,000 car.

Cloth seats on a 15 year old car will almost always be in better shape than leather, but rarity doesn't mean it will be worth any more. Especially on a $1,500 to $2,000 car.
I don't think its neccerily worth more, but to me a car is worth what someone is whiling to pay for it, sure this car generally is worth between $1,500 and $2,000, but if they end up selling it for $2,500, that means it was worth $2,500 to somebody. I Like to pay around market value, but if I find a car that I'm set on and the owner wants $500 above market value and won't budge, I'll just buy it. $500 isn't going to get in between me and a car I have my heart set on. That said I generally stay away from 2000's regardless, but I was just in shock I came across this rare car. I have absolutely no intentions of buying this car, I don't even know if it's for sale anymore.

Members online

Back