Found a Neon with ballast, how can I make sure it's good?

nsjuice

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, My neon rear light on my 97 went out last month..

I found one and the guy says it works fine, comes with ballast. I've never taken mine out so don't know what to expect.

What are the things I should look for when I go look at it later?

How much can they be had for anyway? i found a few on ebay over 120$?

Used they dont even go for cheap. A 12 volt battery could make quick work of testing. Bring some wire or something you can attach to the battery then contact the wires in the harness connection.

gracias. will do.

just wondering if there was anything else i should look for since i havnt taken mine apart yet to compare parts or anything.

Not that I know of.

But FYI, the neon is usually not the problem. 99% of the time is the ballast. So if its a deal and works and comes with a working ballast, go for it. Swap the ballast and see if that fixes yours. If it does sell just the neon and you may be ahead or keep it for a backup.

Thanks for the FYI.

Although my neon has that saggy effect on the left side so, i'll have to see how this guy's part is compared to mine.

again, thanks.

Thanks Kid, i'll keep that in mind the next time around! Got the strip and ballast for 50 buks!

Strip doesnt droop like mine but has a scratch on the outer lens.. doesnt look TOO deep, gonna see if I can sand it out.

Thanks guys!

Members online

No members online now.
Back