found a cadillac need help

atrain

LVC Member
Reaction score
so i found a cadillac in my area
and it looks in beautiful condition, but the only thing is
it has a new engine and transmission. I'm just wondering, if this car has a new engine/transmission should i be shady about buying it? I mean, would you buy a car that has had that type of work done. Could this mean future problems?

I have a few questions:

1. Can you verify that it indeed has a "new" engine and transaxle or is it just a line to try to make you buy the car?
2. What year and model is the car?
3. What does "new" mean? Does it mean a junk yard engine and trans, an out of the crate unused engine and trans, or a rebuilt/remanufactured engine and trans?

There was a reason for the new engine and transaxle.
Frankly that isn't your problem it could have been simple neglect or drag racing...
What you need to do is test drive for about an hour in highway traffic conditions and then look under the hood and get it up on a lift. If it has hidden sins they will show up immediately. If not, (light a candle :) )and then have oil and trans fluid changed along with ALL filters. Also change plugs to platinum, change antifreeze and have one sealer pellet crushed and put into radiator, and check tire pressures- they are a low milage culprit.
Sounds like a dream car to me.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.
Back