Forum Software Screwed Up??

Yup... I remember back when Dutch joined the forum.

Joe, Rigs, myself, and a couple others... raised him from a pup.

Then he went nuts and got LS crazy. (LOL)
:-D

The LS is not the POS some people complain about on this forum.

That's not directed at anyone in this thread.

But there have been a few rants here over the years. Most of the time it was because the vehicle was driven inti the ground before they bought it... or didn't have a clue how to work on it... and didn't want to cough up the $$$ for the factory repair manuals.

Yeah I definitely called it a pos a time or two, but I was pretty frustrated with all the shit that kept breaking on it, it was definitely trashed when I bought it but I've got it pretty decent shape now, it's pretty fun to drive when it's working right but there are a few areas where they could've definitely made improvements for reliability and longevity. Overall though definitely a decent car these days for the money especially if you can fix some of the stuff yourself and save a small fortune.

Yeah I definitely called it a pos a time or two, but I was pretty frustrated with all the shit that kept breaking on it, it was definitely trashed when I bought it but I've got it pretty decent shape now, it's pretty fun to drive when it's working right but there are a few areas where they could've definitely made improvements for reliability and longevity. Overall though definitely a decent car these days for the money especially if you can fix some of the stuff yourself and save a small fortune.
Seems like we're in the same boat. My white 2002 LS V8 seems to have been rode hard and put away wet. I mean, how do you explain going through the steering rack blowing up on me, the thermostat/t-stat housing going bad, plugs and coils, valve cover gasket...and I'm sure I'm forgetting some things, in one month of ownership? Nevertheless, I seem to have developed a bit of Stockholm Syndrome, because despite of everything that's wrong with my particular Lemonmobile, I still like it.

Yeah when i bought it he said it just needed brakes. I live about 8 miles away from where I bought it maybe and I had the guy drive it home for me and it overheated on the way to my house. I replaced pretty much the entire cooling system except for the block, haha! Had a little problem with some aftermarket parts that didn't work worth a shit so I had to do some things twice. Redid brakes and rotors and shocks and most of the suspension system, fuel pump and clean the tank, restore jet pump and other things i forget I'm sure, I have about 5 grand into this car including $1,300 worth of tires and rims and 1000 initial purchase price and lots of my time, though there's currently a major issue that might be just a minor issue like a speed sensor I'm hoping, but my speedometer doesn't work it's an etc fail safe mode, power steering doesn't work right cuz it's a speed sensitive system, so I believe all or most of those problems are related. They all happened at the same time anyways but I had to leave the LS in a different state for a couple months so I won't get that figured out till October or November when i get back.

All and all even as old as it is it's able to keep up with newer sports cars pretty decent, it was a V6 but from 0 to 70 a 2018 or newer mustang only got about a car length and a half on me and i encountered a new V6 little Honda something that was able to keep up almost but your average new car doesn't have much of a chance. Quite impressive for only 280hp, and it's kind of a heavy car too at over 4000 pounds, I think my old 2010 F-150 only weighed about 5,700. My 2013 f 350 weighs 9000 with a full tank of 50 gallons of fuel and it's turned up to 600 horsepower and annihilates sports cars off the line, but I have about 80 grand into that only about five into this so I'm pretty impressed for the money really. Car has heated and ac seats, truck does to but i didn't even know AC seats existed way back in Lincoln LS days but they sure are awesome and I love them. Been away from my car since August and i gotta say I'm starting to miss it, ha!

My white 2002 LS V8 seems to have been rode hard and put away wet. I mean, how do you explain going through the steering rack blowing up on me, the thermostat/t-stat housing going bad, plugs and coils, valve cover gasket

You bought a low milage (for the year), LS. Age can have an effect on parts... just as much as milage. If a car isn't used very much... it can have as many (or more) problems than a daily driver with 200k miles.

Your 2002 has 109k if I remember correctly. That's an average of 5,800 miles per year.

Seals dry up and fail... plastic deteriorates and falls apart. Coils will fail with age... etc.

The OEM plastic cooling system parts are known to only last 7 years... and that's with daily use. They still age when sitting. The aftermarket pieces only last for a couple.

"Buyer beware" applies to low milage vehicles too.

Okay, I'm going to rub this in. 7 years from a cooling system? My brothers 2000 LS has yet to have a cooling failure of any kind, even the DCC is original and works! Mine is on its 7th, but the previous owner never said anything about have the cooling system rebuilt.

Well... it's been fairly well documented on this forum, (multiple times), that most of the cooling system parts last up to 7 years. Only exceptions are the water pump, aux coolant flow pump, DCCV, and heater core.

I notice no milage has been given for either LS you mention.

I get to many head turns with the LSE and more ppl start a conversation about it than I ever would've imagined
Honestly, if I could find an LSE or an Ultimate, I would sooooo trade in my base 2002 V8 for it.

Members online

No members online now.
Back