former SHO owner

IntoxicatedPuma

New LVC Member
Reaction score
I purchased my 99 SHO in 04 with 65k on it, loved it until things started breaking left and right (partially cuz i was a broke college student and couldnt keep up with basic upkeep and partially because the alternator and transmission are terrible), so i finally sold it a couple months ago with 158k on it. Picked up a 95 LSC and I'm loving it, though I wish it had two doors. Maybe an LS will be in my future.

err a mark viii is 2 doors but never ever buy an ls if you take a look in the ls forum you will see why. no performance support and you see threads like "CHECK OUT MY RIMZ YOO"
"I GOT TINTZ YO"
"I LOWERED MY CARS BUT RIMZ RUB HAAALPP!!!"

so enjoy

sorry meant it had 4 doors*

performance support doesn't bother me, SHO had absolutely jack for it. Can name the number of F/I V8's on both hands, number that actually run right on one. I know the LS has some electrical issues, I'd like a V8 but I don't know how easy jag engines are to fix, i'm guessing about as hard as the V8 SHO is. If not an LS, then probably an 01-04 volvo S60 T5 MT, love the looks and its reasonable reliable.

If you want to be able to 'bellybutton' your performance, assuredly the LS is not for you. But some of us are actually hotrodders. We don't have to buy something ready to go---we do it ourselves.

I've already set four national land speed records in two different classes with my bought-new '02 LS V-8. Later this summer I'll be installing a fresh engine with a good selection of the sort of parts that are guaranteed 'go-fast'. And I'll be changing classes again. It amuses me that it's very likely the only LS in the country with a roll cage and a belly pan.
KS

By the way---WELCOME!!

Members online

No members online now.
Back