Ford Nut (Kirk) Got in an Accident

Talked to kirks gf today... got the real story.

He was maybe doing a little drinking and mini biking in the dark... crashed and hit his head. He was supposed to get out today, but he is going to be held a few more days now... will keep updating as I know more.

He was maybe doing a little drinking and mini biking in the dark... crashed and hit his head. He was supposed to get out today, but he is going to be held a few more days now... will keep updating as I know more.

Crazy... A friend of a friend of mine just died after doing the same thing. Collided with another dirt bike after horsing around while drinking. about the same time frame too. Gotta be careful...

Considering that he's going to be o.k., and considering the details of the story-
perhaps this is what we should kick in and get him:

Keg%20Helmet.jpg

Was doing a little research today and stumbled upon this.

Thanks for all the kind words and jokes guys, it means a lot.

I was very lucky everything turned ok.
I spent 2 weeks in ICU, then close to 2 more weeks in the hospital.
I don't remember any of it, I don't recall talking to Brandon.

From what I am told from my brother who was with, and a few friends.
We were on minibikes at night on a dirt road not far from lake Mille Lacs having fun, screwing around when I decided it would be a great idea to hit a deer.

No helmet, I wound up with bleeding on the brain.

As far as I know, no ill effects.

And I deny any alcohol was involved ;)

My GF likes to blame every time I forget something on this episode.
No doubt its live and learn.

Helmets... helmets helmets helmets!

Glad you are okay buddy, you wouldn't be any fun as a vegetable.

I also had a buddy who died doing the same thing, was on vacation in Thailand. :(

Send Kirk best wishes for a full and speedy recovery outta Butte, MT.

Oh duh, shoulda checked the second page. Glad yer back amongst us man. :)

Last edited:
Drinking and riding a 4 wheeler at night is not a great idea. My buddy was drinking and on a dirtbike while i was riding the 4 wheeler and he bailed right in front of me nearly smacking his head on a parked car. No head injurys but he did make a trip to the er(i forget what broke)..

Get well FN. Take it as a lesson learned.

Members online

No members online now.
Back