Ford Escape review

ground_zero298

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
With the conti in the barn, I was able to borrow one of my folks spare vehicles. Now I always hated the escape, just seemed cheap. After 4 days in it, its starting to grow on me. Rides good, very quiet, get 27 mpg. Not a bad little car for 22K. Interior is also pretty good quality, stereo and sync work well. Their's enough room under the hood to climb in with the engine. Bad thing, my conti is way faster even on 7 cylinders. It is pretty peppy, cool thing is it accelerates off the line at the same speed it accelerates on the highway. From what I counted it a 5 speed counting overdrive.

So after 4 days of driving it, I give it a thumbs up. If anyone else is looking for a cheap ride for their girl, or daily comuter, I would take a look at the escape.

DSC05459.JPG

DSC05460.JPG

DSC05461.JPG

I got one a little over a year ago for my wife I thought the same thing at first. it was like driving in a micro machine. We traded in my four dour diesel 4x4 to get the escape. I couldnt stand to drive it at first but now I forgot how it felt to drive a real truck so the escape is fine. I cannt image how slow a four banger is. got the V6 and its a dog merging at highway speeds unless you floor it. All in all its fine but the trans are very weak in these cars i think there the same as the masda 626 Not a truck trans.

Members online

No members online now.
Back