Ford Employee Purchase Pricing for Customers

CNN is doing a special about this employee pricing right now. theyre saying its 3-5% below invoice, and that the dealers are suffering soo much now and they have no clue how theyre going to get prices back up to the normal pricing. and that toyota and honda are going to jump on the bandwagon. they say its an extremely good deal and theres no gimmick to these "employee pricing" deals. just a little of what the show was about, im sure u can look on cnn.com and read this info there. just though id share it with you all

itsnotmydaddys said:
CNN is doing a special about this employee pricing right now. theyre saying its 3-5% below invoice, and that the dealers are suffering soo much now and they have no clue how theyre going to get prices back up to the normal pricing. and that toyota and honda are going to jump on the bandwagon. they say its an extremely good deal and theres no gimmick to these "employee pricing" deals. just a little of what the show was about, im sure u can look on cnn.com and read this info there. just though id share it with you all

did you say that toyo and honda are going to jump on? I thought that they were going to refrain from sinking their automobiles value by not joining the bandwagon.

Programs likethis can kill the resell value in ways we already know of; we if you have done a kbb.com book value search on you LS you will know.

they said the toyota and honda dont need to due to the fact they have a reliable name out there and are "seperate" from the competetors. but they said they wouldnt be suprised to see some sort of "exact" program go on in the next couple months

captainalias said:
This Neill and Sandler price ought to be national, right?

$3K rebate = national
FMCC = Ford Motor Company Cash? - $1500 -> Is this something to the discretion of the dealer?

I've not seen any dealers in my area advertising an LS for so cheap, at $22,888!
Print up that ad and take it into a Lincoln dealership. Tell them you'll drive to Knoxville to get this deal. See what they say.

anyone know where I can find out what this ORDER CODE 222A and job order #1 means?

Looking a the sticker online. I found a black/black V8 ultimate I think. Not certain what the dif is between the ultimate and the sport but I am going to have to make myself the authoity on all of this quickly. Thanks in advance.

GrayGhost1 said:
Print up that ad and take it into a Lincoln dealership. Tell them you'll drive to Knoxville to get this deal. See what they say.

Yeah, I was thinking about that! Better yet, wonder if they have internet ordering and I can pay to ship it?

Slightly OT question, but for those of you who have used car dealer connections, what are the wholesale (auction) prices for 2002 30K mileage cars currently?

You WISH on the XKR....

JoeyLincolnMK8 said:
not the XJR.... the XKR!

Keep dreaming - Ford / Mercury / Lincoln products only - Jaguar and the rest of the Premier Automotive Group are specifically EXCLUDED.

D-

Window Stickers Demystified...

eL eS said:
anyone know where I can find out what this ORDER CODE 222A and job order #1 means?

Looking a the sticker online. I found a black/black V8 ultimate I think. Not certain what the dif is between the ultimate and the sport but I am going to have to make myself the authoity on all of this quickly. Thanks in advance.

222A means it is a V8 Ultimate - it is simply the dealer order code for that particular base vehicle.

It is Job #1 Order, which simply means it was ordered (and built) using the Standard Features available at the beginning of the 2005 Model Year. I wouldn't worry about this - it really is more for invoice price confirmation than anything else.

Assuming you are looking at www.Lincoln.com simply search the dealer inventory and find 1 vehicle that is an Ultimate and another that is a Sport and click the Compare buttons - it will pop up a window and tell you exactly what the differences are.

The high summary of differences is that the Ultimate includes a Moonroof, wood accents (inc. steering wheel), heated/cooled front seats, and Advancetrac. The Sport offers these things as options (exc. wood accents).

Having just taken delivery of my Sport, I can tell you that all of the above are available as options (with the exception of the wood accents), which basically means you can get a Sport equipped similarly to an Ultimate but with a leather wheel and aluminum accents instead of a wood wheel and wood accents. Price to do so will be comparable to the Ultimate price.

d-

captainalias said:
This Neill and Sandler price ought to be national, right?

$3K rebate = national
FMCC = Ford Motor Company Cash? - $1500 -> Is this something to the discretion of the dealer?

I've not seen any dealers in my area advertising an LS for so cheap, at $22,888!
I have an ad from florida offering a brand new ls for 19,888 no BS ill scan it if i can find it

stateproperty3423 said:
I have an ad from florida offering a brand new ls for 19,888 no BS ill scan it if i can find it

Please do- are you certain it's not a bait and switch? I wonder if they ship cars?

Which dealership was it?

Thanks for the help. I was able to find this stuff last night after doing some browsing around the site a little more.

I am definitely not into the wood steering wheel and such so it looks like I will be sticking with the sport models.

Thanks again for sharing your experience.

DouglasABaker said:
222A means it is a V8 Ultimate - it is simply the dealer order code for that particular base vehicle.

It is Job #1 Order, which simply means it was ordered (and built) using the Standard Features available at the beginning of the 2005 Model Year. I wouldn't worry about this - it really is more for invoice price confirmation than anything else.

Assuming you are looking at www.Lincoln.com simply search the dealer inventory and find 1 vehicle that is an Ultimate and another that is a Sport and click the Compare buttons - it will pop up a window and tell you exactly what the differences are.

The high summary of differences is that the Ultimate includes a Moonroof, wood accents (inc. steering wheel), heated/cooled front seats, and Advancetrac. The Sport offers these things as options (exc. wood accents).

Having just taken delivery of my Sport, I can tell you that all of the above are available as options (with the exception of the wood accents), which basically means you can get a Sport equipped similarly to an Ultimate but with a leather wheel and aluminum accents instead of a wood wheel and wood accents. Price to do so will be comparable to the Ultimate price.

d-

As for the wood steering wheel, yeah it's a personal choice thing. Our Navi has it while my Lightning does not. Funny thing is I prefer the wood of the Navi. Much smoother in the hands and it looks classy also. Just my opinion though. Good luck with what ever you choose.

El Es: Seeing is that you are in the new car mode, go drive a Magnum RT Hemi and tell me what you think. It drives nicer than I imagined... We can compare notes. :) I have driven quite a few cars lately myself and just put the Mustang on the market too.

lsbit said:
El Es: Seeing is that you are in the new car mode, go drive a Magnum RT Hemi and tell me what you think. It drives nicer than I imagined... We can compare notes. :) I have driven quite a few cars lately myself and just put the Mustang on the market too.

roger-wilco. It was not on my list but there is a dealership just 3 minutes from my home so what the heck I might learn something.

Toyota may be doing the employee discount thing too, I heard it on the radio this morning. (It might be just an individual dealership though, I can't find it on their website)

thanks. I assumed it was the case. I am still going to negotiate with them since the dealer in many cases has added options at the lot and I know that they are making a profit on the addons; this is if I decide to buy another.

I can't get over all the BS I have been through with my current LS.

So this is going on right now? I'm looking to get out of my LS and maybe I can step down to a Focus zx3. I just want a low payment and a decent car right now. I'm going to have to look into this.

Beamer said:
So this is going on right now? I'm looking to get out of my LS and maybe I can step down to a Focus zx3. I just want a low payment and a decent car right now. I'm going to have to look into this.

Yes it is. Till Aug 1st.

Used care value

This will cause the price of used Lincoln's to hit bottom !! Why buy a used one, when you can buy a new one for about the same price ??
So much for the value of my LS
eL eS said:
Looks like FoMoCo si going to offer the employee pricing for customers through Aug 1.

http://quote.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=10000006&sid=at_C.CiUT0U4&refer=home

"Under the Ford plan, customers will be offered reduced prices and cash rebates. For example, the XLT version of the Ford Escape sport-utility vehicle will have a discounted price of $23,335 compared with the normal $26,070, Reuter said. Customers will be offered an additional $2,000 off, putting their final cost at $21,335, he said. Dealers are being told today of the plan's details, and advertisements will begin tomorrow, Reuter said. The program doesn't apply to Ford Mustang and GT cars and the hybrid gasoline- electric Escape SUV, he said. Ford's Volvo, Jaguar, Land Rover and Aston Martin brands also aren't covered."

http://www.forbes.com/business/healthcare/feeds/ap/2005/07/05/ap2124513.html

"A Ford Explorer XLT that normally sells for $32,895 costs employees $28,739. After existing customer cash incentives, the sport utility vehicle would sell for $24,739 under the Ford Family Plan. A popularly equipped Lincoln Navigator that normally would sell for $51,145 will be available for $42,133."

Anyone seen any numbers on the LS for this plan?

Members online

Back