Ford Active Park Assist: In Action!

Is it just me, or are car manufacturers heading towards making drivers complete idiots? 30 years from now, driving may be a lost art.

I feel the same way. It's going to be like in the movie I Robot where all the cars drive themselves.

yeah they had to do that...however I don't think it's that big a leap to autonomous cars. I still prefer to drive myself...if I wanted to just ride, i'd hire a chauffeur

As much as i would like to beleive that its a "Ford" first...... its not..... what about lexus? Been a couple years hasnt it? Since they came with parking assist?

As much as i would like to beleive that its a "Ford" first...... its not..... what about lexus? Been a couple years hasnt it? Since they came with parking assist?

The brakes had to be applied by the driver in the Lexus, the Lincoln is fully automatic, but same concept.

As this guy said in thiis (ford) video "Um so basically just have to uh operate the gas pedal and the brakes, carfully and uh the vehicle will basically do uh all the uh steering for you."

Also, very speach savy speaker we have representing us too.... pffftt.... (guy in vid)

Because of a lot of the new aero looks a lot of the new cars have real blind spots so it's no wonder that they have to use this as an assist, especially for the people that aren't used to using their side view mirrors for backing.

this is just a small step towards cars that drive you. pretty soon, all we will do is punch in a destination in the gps and the car will just take you there. it would solve problems like drunk driving, speeding, tailgating, etc. i still think its blasphemy though.

BTW awesome video frogman, i laughed my ass off when i saw the cop roll by

Members online

No members online now.
Back