For Sale: Recently rebuilt 98 4R70W trans

Blenderhead

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
Contact seller
I have for sale the 4R70W out of my 98 MarkVIII LSC. The trans was a fresh rebuild when I bought the car back in april. In fact, I bought the car from the trans shop that rebuilt it. It has the mechanical one way clutch, all the updated accumulators, and a full j-mod. I put about 10K miles on the trans, including a 3000 mile road trip, before I pulled it out to swap in the 5-speed, and I never had a single problem with it. I had it on ebay, but the guy never came through. If anyone needs a trans, here is a good upgrade for you. I'm looking to get $400 out of it. If anyone is interested, let me know. Thanks.

Mike

I don't have receipts because I bought the car from the trans shop after they did the work. The shop owner bought the car with the blown trans, rebuilt it, and sold the car. The shop is right around the corner from my house, so I could talk to the guy and get you his phone number so you can confirm what work was done. I have pics of it, but they are on my home computer and I am at work right now. I will post them up tonight when I get home.

HPIM0641.jpg

HPIM0642.jpg

Members online

Back