For Sale: 1996 Lincoln Mark VIII

thaywood

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
Contact seller
Hello all!

I'm trying to sell my '96 Mark VIII. My wife just got a '96 Mustang Cobra convertible and we can't afford insurance on four vehicles, so one of 'em has to go. I've got it listed on Steals & Deals online and also sitting at the road at the end of my driveway. So far, I have had a few bites but no takers. So I'm going to try this out.

It's a '96 Mark VIII base. You can see plenty of pictures of it if you go to my profile albums. It's bright toreador red with grey leather. It has 204,XXX miles on it and is in pretty good condition. I've had it for 10 years and I've kept it well maintained. Oil and filter have been changed every 3K miles and I use 5W30 Valvoline most of the time as well as a Motorcraft FL-820S filters. Transmission fluid and filter have been changed on a regular basis (yes, I use Mercon V), usually every 20K miles. Sometimes less. I have installed a drain plug in the transmission pan to make fluid changes easier. The engine oil pan has a drain valve to make oil changes easier as well. I've got service records all the way back to 2003 showing everything that has been done to the car. It has Arnott front air spring/shocks that are about two years old with no issues. The rear air springs are used, but newer than the car. Rear shocks are several years old and will probably need replacing soon. Front and rear brake pads were replaced recently. Air conditioner blows ice cold. All power goodies work except for the antenna. It won't go down. The keyless entry keypad also doesn't work for some reason. And the CD changer doesn't work. But I replaced the original head unit with a factory CD head unit. The majority of the miles on this car are highway miles. I drive 80 miles a day round trip to work and back. The engine has the typical timing chain rattle at startup and has been doing it for about 7 years with no issues. The serpentine belt tensioner pulley is squealing right now, but I plan to fix that this weekend. It has factory exhaust with cut-off mufflers and straight pipes with factory tips. It sounds real good! Tires are a couple of years old, but look like they've got about 80% tread left. They are P245/50R16 Kumho's with a treadwear rating of over 400. So they should last a long time. It's also got relatively new left and right front upper control arms. The oil filter adapter gasket has also been replaced. The only thing it really needs right now is a tune up. And yes, the headlights are crap:( Check out my YouTube channel at tjhaywood100 for some videos of the car's exhaust and a 0-60 run of 6.8 seconds. I really love this car and I hate to let it go. And remember, it is a 15 year old car. So it ain't perfect. But it's a nice, well maintained car that is in good condition.

I'm asking $2000 or best offer.

Please PM me with any questions.

Ah! Forgot one thing: It has a CEL right now because the smog pump quit. It's been on for about 5 or 6 years. I have a good smog pump ready to install, but I haven't worked up the nerve to tackle taking the front bumper cover off to do it. If I don't get it installed, it will come with the car. This is a note for those who live in OBD-II counties.

Okay. Here's the vid.
‪1996 Lincoln Mark VIII For Sale‬‏ - YouTube

Pictures coming shortly.

Until then, check my profile for some pics. It's a PITA because I have to upload the pics to Flickr and then copy and paste the URL's. It's too bad this site won't let you upload pics straight from your hard drive like other forums.

5976029600_1a745c9d9d_b.png

5976027338_f5f70ff995_z.png

5976025084_cf4bc6e143.png

5976023164_81ed8b537d_z.png

5976023026_f0ddf929fb.png

Well, unfortunately, I had to swap the '96 Mark's d/s front air shock into the '97 LSC due to some leakage from the solenoid housing. So the '96 is "grounded"...literally. Until I can get the air spring to hold air, she's not going anywhere. So for the time being, she's no longer for sale. Dangit.

Members online

No members online now.
Back