for everone who says the ls has to many problems

hess38511

LVC Member
Reaction score
my name is sam i'm new to lvc but love it.one month ago i bought a 2006 bmw m5 with only 4.5 miles on it i should be in heaven right (wrong). while driving my new m5 playing with all the buttons and toys having a great time then everthing shuts off and i mean everthing.i get the car to the side of the road. i call the bmw hotline for help ok tow truck on its way3 hrs later no truck i call aaa 45 mins later they show up while being towed the the dealer the bmw hotline called wanted to know where i was i told them they said they will have to charge me for the call (????????). i get to the dealer service guy says give us a day or two and we will call you.7 days later i get a call car is ready. i get there my car is sitting there as beautiful as ever. i go in to get the keys to my surprise a bill(?????????) they said who ever played with the car caused the problemi have 12 miles on it so i yell and scream then they find out two service techs worked on the car the second one wrote a report saying someone had been playing with the elec system that someone was the first tech.so with no bill a fixed car i'm getting happy i see my beautiful m5 sitting there i'm getting less and less angry. but wait theres more. i push my button to get in and nothing i try again and nothing ok time to go back in. that was 9 days ago theres a short in the elec system that they can't trace yet. so i went onto a bmw website like this one and its full of cars with all kinds of problems. but my 2003 ls v8 has been there since day one with only covers and the dual ac being worked on. and in 7 more days i can go for the lemon law on $105,000 bmw.the m5 and the 740 and up bmws are two of the worst on edmunds for customer satisfaction lucky me

Man thats rough!

I really like the m series, but BMW's are sooo expensive to work on. (As if Lincolns weren't already bad enough)

Sorry to hear this bro. They should give you a new one...that's rediculous man! I hope everything gets fixed, that's a hell of alot of money to spend.

Dam thats messed up I got to agree with J3FF on this one if I bought a $100,000 car and it had a major malfunction like that I would expect them to give me a new one. Call BMW cust. relations I learned a long time ago yelling and screeming works a lot better when you yell and screem at the right people :)

its a custom car i put together it would take 6 months to a yr to get a new one....

Members online

No members online now.
Back