Fog Lights

NateRW21

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
So I bought my 03 sport in december... around the first week of the month. When I bought it the right fog light was out. I figured no problem, I'll replace it with HID's anyway. Anyhow, a few months later and I have yet to get around to replacing the fog lights with HID units. So I figured, given I'm looking to get summer wheels (already got the tires in-route from tire rack) and I'm going to get a tuner... I figured I'd just go ahead and replace the bulbs for the time being until a couple months from now what I can swing the HID conversion. So I go to replace the bulb in the side which was burnt out, and find there isn't even a light there. Once I go to the back of the housing, it becomes evident that there isn't even a plug or anything back there. So I continue looking around; I find that the housing is broken on the back, no adjusters remain! Then I finally find the wire for the fog lights tucked up out of the way and on the end of it is a broken bulb. So I look somemore... Sure enough, the back side of the housing, where the light actually mounts is broken as well.

I realize this is my own fault for not getting the "simple burnt out bulb" replaced before I bought the car, but damn...

So now I'm going to have to get my cousin to order me a new fog light assembily! I hear you guys constantly talking about how the LS nickel and dime's you to death... well, my problem, although somewhat the same doesn't have it's roots in mechanical/maintinance problems. It's just a matter of getting the car back up to par! I've replaced a vent because the chrome trim on the adjuster was missing, I've got a missing adjuster on a rear seat vent (at $70 wholesale cost for the assembily, passengers in the rear are just out of luck!!) I've replaced my lugnuts, I've got cam cover gaskets waiting to be installed (noticed a MINOR oil intrustion when changing plugs), and now the fog light! It's amazing, the exterior of the car, the engine compartment, interior of the car... all VERY well cared for. But then you find these little odds and ends...

Anyway, just wanted to release a little agrivation!

Members online

Back