Fog Lights: Round or Rectangle?

Fog Lights - Round or Rectangle?

• Total voters

All2kool

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
Fog Lights: Round or Rectangle?

Personally, the Round Fog's just don't do it for me.

round wins for sure, because the bumper that holds them looks 20x time better.

Round compliments the round headlights.......

Definitely round foglights. Just like on my new GEN1 LSE bumper.

image.jpg

image.jpg

for the record, I even prefer the the fake round fog lights in the square(ish) 2nd gen base and sport bumpers.

My 04 has rectangular plastic lens, and my 06 has round glass lenses. I've not had any problems with the rectangular plastic ones. After the third or so broken round glass lens, I stopped replacing them on my 06.

My 04 has rectangular plastic lens, and my 06 has round glass lenses. I've not had any problems with the rectangular plastic ones. After the third or so broken round glass lens, I stopped replacing them on my 06.

I covered my NEW Fog Lights in vinyl - to aid in rocks bouncing off and not having them get that sand blasted look after a while.

2002-6.jpg

2002-6.jpg

I'll make a totally different suggestion. Larger than the hole the foglights shine through now, set back in the car a bit. Build a block that keeps light from shining through anything other than the foglight hole. This will give the appearance of having the whole hole lit up.

for the record, I even prefer the the fake round fog lights in the square(ish) 2nd gen base and sport bumpers.

I also like that look. Are the mounting poles in the same spot - I mean - can a Gen1 use those as well?

I also like that look. Are the mounting poles in the same spot - I mean - can a Gen1 use those as well?

its close but not quite a match... a couple of done it. Bigrig had a couple of post showing how he had to do it...

its close but not quite a match... a couple of done it. Bigrig had a couple of post showing how he had to do it...

It can also be done by breaking 1 bumper tab, lengthening one foglight stud, and drilling a new hole in the foglight bucket to put another stud. It's then a 2-stud mounting setup. I think I also trimmed the bucket a bit. I used long bolts so I could adjust the left/right aim. The Gen2s have a slightly different angle in the front, but the backs are very similar.

attachment.jpg

url].jpg

url].jpg

url].jpg

20140930_201751.jpg

image.jpg

Slight issue with this conversion in my opinion!

attachment.jpg

left 1st GEN, right 2nd GEN fog lamp w/ 01 Sport bumper cover.

attachment.jpg

complete different mounting post & tab locations.

attachment.jpg

Housing alignment determines direction of beam, when flush at the back housing,
the projected beam would be aligned correctly to the roadway.

Projecting straight in alignment with the bumper, facing correctly onto the roadway
causes the front of the lamp to be seated on such an angle that creates a huge gap.

attachment.jpg

When forcing the lamp lens into the desired location for fastening ...

attachment.jpg

The direction of the lamp changes and begins to point inwards,
resulting in a cross eyed fog lamp'ed LS. (which is way too much for my OCD.)

attachment.jpg

Modifications to the mounting proves more challenging than expected.

Correct lamp alignment is important to me. I'm not prepared to cut and glue or screw it in,
it's not a very good fit, at least not with the parts I have here.

Are there different version of the 2nd GEN fog lamps ?

Anyone manage to complete this mod (w/ pics) ?

more: http://www.lincolnvscadillac.com/forum/showthread.php?3687-Fog-Light-Conversion

The only place they don't really fir is the top, outer corner. There will be a little gap that probably won't be noticed unless one knows about it.

Members online

No members online now.
Back