Fog Light HID Ballast Location

Hawk03

Dutch User
Reaction score
I'm about to install some HIDs in my fogs and was wondering where others have placed their ballast. I wasn't sure where the best place to put it is.

I placed mine on the metal brackets/core support right above them (I've got a 2006/LSE bumper), and this worked perfectly for me - I have the smaller 35W digital ballasts.

Used 3M heavy-duty double-sided trim/moulding tape to secure it.

I have one mounted on the bottom of the windshield wiper resevior and the other mounted on the inside of the bumper towards the drivers side tire. Over 2 years and no problems with them there. Doubled sided tape and then a strip of duct tape over the ballast also.

I placed mine on the metal brackets/core support right above them (I've got a 2006/LSE bumper), and this worked perfectly for me - I have the smaller 35W digital ballasts.

Used 3M heavy-duty double-sided trim/moulding tape to secure it.

I have one mounted on the bottom of the windshield wiper resevior and the other mounted on the inside of the bumper towards the drivers side tire. Over 2 years and no problems with them there. Doubled sided tape and then a strip of duct tape over the ballast also.

Thanks guys, I will have a look at each spot. I wasn't too sure how they would react to being more exposed to the elements than under the hood.

Depending on the quality of the kit you should be okay with them being outside the engine bay. Honestly it is a lot cooler so heat should not be an issue! I would recommend placing them somewhere they won't get wet on a regular basis.

Mine are mounted on the metal towards the middle of th car. I dont know what its called tho.

Members online

No members online now.
Back