Foamaster Results, Pics inside (No 56k x 1000)

KD00LS

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
Me and My friend Chris decided to snap a few pictures of my new toy in action on his Mustang. I still want to try the DP Xtreme Foam for it, but so far it works very well.

Here's the setup
DSCN0094.jpg

A few before pictures (bascially clean)
DSCN0085.jpg

DSCN0084.jpg

Starting up
DSCN0088.jpg

DSCN0087.jpg

DSCN0086.jpg

Bird's eye view
DSCN0091.jpg

DSCN0092.jpg

DSCN0093.jpg

Soaking for a couple minutes
DSCN0090-1.jpg

DSCN0089.jpg

And the finished product
DSCN0095.jpg

DSCN0097.jpg

DSCN0096.jpg

Overall, I'm pretty pleased with the final results and the quality of the gun. It's made out of heavy duty materials like brass and seems to be very well put together. It will definately pay for itself in soap in the long run. I'll post more pictures when I get the foamier soap.

70 shipped. (Yes, a little high)

But you use a lot less soap and get a lot more foam with this thing.

Plus the quality is very good, a lot of brass connectors and parts.

hooks up to a garden hose, no special adaptors? where'd you get it from? i like that i might get one. im sick of the do it yourself coin-op car washes. the foam brushes scratch the paint too much

Autogeek.net has a special, comes with a quick release brass valve (cost about 10 bucks). No special adapters, hooks right up to a garden hose.

looks pretty good, let's see some before and after with the LS!
Where in Jersey are you I want to try it out lol

yeah i didn't think the pictures would really do the justice til i scrolled down to the last pic, i was surprised. how much soap did you use? 4 cap fulls per oz of water?

4 capfulls will cover the car probably more than 5 times. It definately gets your money's worth out of the soap, without refilling the bucket.

Looking good. Now, you need to take the next step and help your buddy throw some wax on that Stang. You should be able to really bring that Red back to life with some clay and nano-wax. Good luck!

You should lone this to FrogMan so he can use it on his pick up. That would be the ultimate before and after.LOL

So With this Foam gun, you dont have to scrubb anymore? all you do is just get da whole car with foam and wash it out and dry it? no more scrubbing?
Damm If this is true! i'm getting this FA shoooooooooooo'

ummmm... not to be a bastard but that frankly that looks exactly like a higher quality built bottle of weed n feed that i hook onto the end of a hose for my lawn... i have to wash my car so i might be up for an expiriment this weekend..

No, you still have to scrub, but the foam gun makes it easier on your paint because you apply the soap without touching the surface. By the time you get around to start the actual washing, there is a nice lubed up surface, and the soil has loosened so you don't have to be as hard on your paint with the scrubbing. Keeps your paint in better shape. Plus there is the added advantage of less soap usage, as pointed out by KD00LS.

yOu think they sell this at stores? $70 seems alot, but i'm sure it gets your money well worth.

since you're all in on the detailing side - and i honestly know little to nothing of this stuff... whats my best bet to get rid of several small scratches, not like being keyed deep but it looks like someone drove my car through pine trees or something before i bought it with plenty of tiny scratches and nicks they're all over my car.. i'm almost at the point of getting it repainted, but before i drop that kind of money i need to replace my coils and do all the performance upgrades first and i'd like to look pretty in the meantime.
also what do you think about de-oxidizers? i used one on my last car and it cleaned it up nice but as i wiped it off i couldn't help but notice it seemed like an awful lot of paint coming off onto my towel. but that last car was also poorly repainted by a previous owner so...

If i were you, I'd probably leave it to the pros, since the couple hundred bucks you'll give them for the paint correction is less than the investment in the tools. Unless you plan on learning to use a machine to apply polishes, waxes, etc. If you enjoy it, go for it. You'll probably be at 4-500 (could be more or less) by the time you factor in everything (random orbital polisher, appropriate pads, backing plates, counter weight, polishing compounds, glaze, sealant, wax, car soap, clay bar, microfibers, etc. all add up pretty quickly)

If you can catch a fingernail in the scratch, it's probably too deep to remove by buffing.

I suppose to start you could always try some meguiar's scratch remover. I've heard that some people have good luck with it.

You should do what i do, everytime i think my car needs a paint job, i go to the windmills, and the sand will damaged my paint. next day i go to my insurance, look what the windmills did. ok heres a blank check go to a auto body and paint shop and get it fixed. all i gotta say is thanks babe, Haha i'm lucky she works at allstate. but aye dats just me..lol

Members online

Back