Florida is set to pass a new noise ordinance

eL eS

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
Targeted at car audio enthusiast the old [size=-1]ordinance allowed cars to be heard up to 100 feet away. They State now wants a 25ft noise [/size][size=-1]ordinance.

Has anyone every been given a ticket under the old law and do you think the new one will be an issue?
[/size]

25 ft is nothing. I know people that have gotten tickets from the old law, but they had about 2000 watts of pure bass almost all the way up at stoplights. Kinda stupid. I don't listen to my music loud, but with the windows down you would hear mine from 25 ft. I'm sure, or at least hoping, the cops would only ticket flagrant vioulations.

I just got one! 75.00 later I am pissed! But I will still play loud - or as kicker says livin loud!
Like listed below I have 2 kicker 1250X1 that are rated at 1420 RMS power each that is not rated at 14.4 volts but at 13.4. So I am almost at 3000 watts RMS power just for the subs and another 820X4 RMS for the 4 speakers.

Got Power?

our local ordinance is 50'. It is rediculous, however, having a 5 month old daugther I do understand, but you can hear a stock sound system at 25-50' with no problem if the windows are down. And in Florida think of all the convertibles and the newer convertibles have it setup to where when you drop the top the radio automatically gets louder.

Oh well what can you really do about it?

I think it should be much more then 25 feet, I like to listen to my music as loud as my stock taurus's system gets, with the windows down, and im sure you can hear it at 25 feet, but it won't be deafening.

What I find ironic is that the state run fair grounds here in Tampa just constructed an amphitheater and everyone that lives with a mile of this thing has complained about the noise from concerts. A court case against the state was just thrown out in Hillsborough county. I forget why but it seems like a double standard.

Further, Ybor city which is the night club hot spot down here has ordinances on noise. IIRC the clubs ar not aloud to be heard from the street or some ridiculous measure.

Members online

No members online now.
Back