flashing advance track icon

smegun

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
my advance track light is flashing it would just come on after a short start up and just stay on ... ive had the batt disconnected a few times and ive had the pressure transducers backwards that is wrong connector location for a short time ...i never got it to turn off after monkeying with it this time after a forscan its just blinking i erased a lot of dtc's due to imporper battery voltages the only thing left was a p1000 now i got a U code for abs which is manufacturer code some type

my advance track light is flashing it would just come on after a short start up and just stay on ... ive had the batt disconnected a few times and ive had the pressure transducers backwards that is wrong connector location for a short time ...i never got it to turn off after monkeying with it this time after a forscan its just blinking i erased a lot of dtc's due to imporper battery voltages the only thing left was a p1000 now i got a U code for abs which is manufacturer code some type
After replacing the sensor and clearing the code is when the advancetrac light would blink, indicating IVD initialization required. I was able to get the light to stop by these steps:
1 - turning the steering wheel lock to lock until SWA lock to lock status changed to pass
2 - control option to start calibration/initialization on yaw sensor, with key on and car sitting on flat ground*
3 - control option to start calibration/initialization lateral acceleration sensor, with key on and car sitting on flat ground*
4 - control option to start booster learn cycle with engine running**
5 - service procedure option to run ABS self test while engine was running

" Re: Clearing DTCs Problem

Post Mon Oct 17, 2016 12:54 am

It seems we have quite unique situation with Lincoln LS' ABS module: simple DTC reset (that is usually absolutely safe operation) does reset of IVD parameters. As a result, ABS module now requires an IVD calibration service.

So, we have finally added AdvanceTrack IVD calibration functions for Lincoln LS 2000-2006. Specifically, 2 functions have been added:

- Calibrate Yaw Rate / Lateral Acceleration Sensor
- Calibrate Brake Booster / Steering Angle Sensor

Running both of them fixes the AdvanceTrack light. In fact, the same job (theoretically) can be done using FORScan Output control mode (like S117MC tried and mentioned in earlier post in this thread) . But in practice there are some nuances, for example sensors calibration has to be done in KOEO mode (engine off) and brake booster and SAS have to be calibrated in KOER mode (engine is running). There are also others. In any case, the service functions are much more convenient and reliable in use.

The functions are added in v2.3.5. At this moment it not officially released, but everyone who needs it can request a test build from our support."
This is quoted from Forscan Forum ...hope ot helps

It's a old post and these operations have been added a long time ago ...you can even do these operations with Forscan Lite on android smartphones

awsome.....forscan mentions preparing for abs tests ... like i assume adequate fluid levels like i got fluid but after bleeding there still is mush i wanted to use the abs bleed tool but now i got a Ucode for abs after rebuilds and now a blinky i dont recall seeing SWA but i do see the yaw calibrate and the other abs steering one i just registered and activated temp license for additional functions wouldnt let me see anything till i did that ... been trying to back up the moduals but they seem scanty with like only 1 header under each modual latest ..version

ok ! :/ did the the two tools yaw steering abs tools forscan said they passed and reset the blinker ta da ... i even got breaks again not perfect but 50 percent better still need to run the abs bleeder tool im writing another thread thanks guys

Soo confused... I got to jump in here and see if you guys have any advice.

Had a dealer a diag test because the advanced track light is on and I've had a variety of issues like E safe, parking brake warning. They said the ABS module needs to be replace after we deleted all the codes... ABS is the one that pops back up (I can get the code but ned to ask them). Just the abs module and the programming is about $1200.

Also said my ac needs to be discharged and refilled. Very weak cold air. Car has pretty much sat since all this traction control stuff started in November of 2019. New battery and coils and plugs done. AC work is another $500.

This car is not worth another $2k but what else can I do? I really suck at scan tool work and programing and electrical.

With my inability to access scan and repair information, I think the dealer is my only option. My fear is it won't fix things and I'll get sucked in to the dealer vortex of throwing $ at possible fixes.

Last edited:
Soo confused... I got to jump in here and see if you guys have any advice.

Had a dealer a diag test because the advanced track light is on and I've had a variety of issues like E safe, parking brake warning. They said the ABS module needs to be replace after we deleted all the codes... ABS is the one that pops back up (I can get the code but ned to ask them). Just the abs module and the programming is about $1200.

Also said my ac needs to be discharged and refilled. Very weak cold air. Car has pretty much sat since all this traction control stuff started in November of 2019. New battery and coils and plugs done. AC work is another $500.

This car is not worth another $2k but what else can I do? I really suck at scan tool work and programing and electrical.

With my inability to access scan and repair information, I think the dealer is my only option. My fear is it won't fix things and I'll get sucked in to the dealer vortex of throwing $ at possible fixes.
You need to download Forscan onto a laptop...there is a free version that will help you see what direction to take ...buy a ELM 327 adapter from Amazon or Ebay...if you want to save money this is going to take some moxy and asking for help from the guys here on the Forum ...also Google is your friend ...Google search Lincolnvscadillac and topic ...read, research and then repeat...you can do this but you'll need to get forscan first

$500 dollars for a evacuation and refill for the AC is ridiculous...$135 is what I paid at a Quicklane shop

AmsterDutch, you have been a great help to me (and others) over the last couple years. I just don't have time to run the car from place to place. So few shops even know where to begin on these. I need to get through this mess and let the car go to someone that has the ability to keep her between the white lines. With 53k miles and in awesome shape, someone might want her. I fix everything with FoMoCo parts. Dealer maintained since new.

Wish I lived near one of you guys.... beer and wrenches for the win! I get the AC thing. My butthole is gonna hurt on this one from the sound of it.

Car is back from the dealership. In ABS module and programing. Had a ton of codes in history that I could not access with my reader. We deleted everything and started clean. So far looks good. Ran it hard yesterday with zero issues. Gonna sell it and move on to a Hellcat before they are gone. If the evil side wins in November, don't think you will be able to buy a 700hp+ car off the dealer floor.

With 54K and all work up to date and over maintenance, it should be a nice car for someone.

MVIMG_20200728_182324.jpg

MVIMG_20200728_182602.jpg

MVIMG_20200728_182638.jpg

Car is back from the dealership. In ABS module and programing. Had a ton of codes in history that I could not access with my reader. We deleted everything and started clean. So far looks good. Ran it hard yesterday with zero issues. Gonna sell it and move on to a Hellcat before they are gone. If the evil side wins in November, don't think you will be able to buy a 700hp+ car off the dealer floor.

With 54K and all work up to date and over maintenance, it should be a nice car for someone.

View attachment 828574566

View attachment 828574567

View attachment 828574568
That is a clean LS!

Members online

No members online now.
Back