Fix up or sell as is ?

cb9999

New LVC Member
Reaction score
Hey guys I have a 01 LS V8 with 72K miles that has a rebuilt title. Currently it needs a water pump and 3 of the four power windows are not working due to the design of the plastic bushings (I think anyone that has owned a 01 LS knows what I'm talking about) and last week my kids shattered the rear window (talk about adding insult to injury). I bought the car 3 years ago and has ran fine until recently when the water pump went out. I'm looking to sell and was wondering since it has a rebuilt title if it would be better to just sell as is or make the repairs needed. (originally paid 6k and feel I have gotten my money out of it).
Thanks.

The salvage title will kill any value. Fix it and keep it. The money you put into the repair will be much less than you will lose due to the salvage title.

If it runs good I would fix what it needs and drive it until the wheels fall off. These cars depreciate horribly as it is and the fact that yours has a rebuilt title is going to cut your value in half.

The salvage title will kill any value. Fix it and keep it. The money you put into the repair will be much less than you will lose due to the salvage title.

YES!^ Exactly what I was gunna say. The car has a high depreciation as is so you wont get crap. It would probably end up auctioned off to a dealer that specializes in refurbishing cars with rebuilt titles and then on top of your lose they will charge a nifty price to the next owner which is a kick in the ass. Those dealers are the shadiest!

The economy as :q:q:q:qed up as it is...you're better off fixing your problems......

What is the cost of a rear window? I've always been able to get about $1000 out of a running car no matter what the title said as long as you couldn't see the street through a rotted out floor. So, how much is the water pump and window and how much do you consider your time to be worth? If those add up to less than $600 you can probably sell it and get a small return.

Otherwise, donate it and take a tax write-off. Or find a junk yard that will pay you for the scrap value.

i would bye it for 1000 bucks as is if you want to just get rid of it

My car was just stolen last night, I may be in the market for another LS, but money is a BIG issue (I only had liablilty on my car). How much are you asking for the car as is?

At this point I'm ready to take the highest offer. Although a fight to the death would be cool.

I dont know whats more stupid.

Someone wiling to sell it or someone willing to buy it.

Members online

No members online now.
Back