fix it or dump it

taylor414ce2003

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
My 99 eldorado with only 104k is in need of shocks/struts front and rear,also car needs 2 front stabilizers and an outer tie rod.I am looking at well over $2500 worth of repairs just to get the suspension sorted out. The car also will be needing rear brakes(pads + rotors) no big deal I can do small repair jobs,also the car has a very strange electrical problem(sometimes the lights, all of them are dim other times they are normal,and every now and again the car will just die,the stalling only happens in the rain,maybe twice a year, a dealer looked into this problem and tried to blame the batt.,got a new batt and problem still exsists,Alt/rectifier were also replaced!The tado list is growing every day! The trade in value of the car in mint condition is around 4grand.So what do you all think bite the bullet and fix this car or is it going to be a money pit from here on out?I am thinking trade her in plus the repair cash could put me into another eldorado or Mark that is newer with less miles.and has a warranty?

Members online

Back