* first time on the track *

L.Ls

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
i want to get to the middle 14 teens

DSC04330.jpg

The power is there for mid 14's. You need to get your 60' down to 1.8-1.9 to get closer.

What year is your LS? 15.2's are fairly typical for a stock Gen 1. In good operating condition on a decent track, driven well, you can get a bone stock Gen 1 into the high 14's and a Gen 2 into the mid 14's. Your 60' time is not bad at all for an LS, stock or not, it's your 1/8th time and 92 mph speed that show that something is going on. With a 2.2-2.3 60' I usually will run 14.3-14.4's at 97-99 mph. Tell us about the car and let's see if we can't help you get 'er done. Don't expect to ever run a 1.8-1.9 60' without a little bit of help. IE: Turbo, Supercharger, Nitrous, Limited Slip, Sticky Tires, etc.... I have run 2.1x 60' and 9.2x 1/8th times before but that's on a perfect leave with a good cool down between runs. those 2-3 tenths don't sound like much but take more power and traction than you think to get there.

i have an o1 ls how do you get to the mid 14's what have you done ?!

It's all right there in my signature. I was reading some of your previous posts, looking at your car. To run mid 14's you are going to need to do a few things. Make sure the car is in good running order. Exhaust, CAI, and X-Cal with a good tune are mandatory. ILLS or Torrie are the only two I would deal with for tunes. ILLS (Robert) from KBX performance did mine. Couldn't be happier, totally transformed how the car drives and being able to shift at 7,000 rpm is a must to be able to run well. You may want to look into 4.10 gears also. You are carrying around a lot of extra weight compared to some of us. The Lambo doors, bigger wheels and tires, stereo and other electronics, body kit, etc....all add up pretty quick. just dropping 200lbs off your car will get you into the high 14's right now.

The power is there for mid 14's. You need to get your 60' down to 1.8-1.9 to get closer.

That would be very hard to do. low 2.1s are about is good as it gets on stock gearing and stall. Definately not on a 20" tire.

My 4.10s get me high 2.0s.

It's all right there in my signature. I was reading some of your previous posts, looking at your car. To run mid 14's you are going to need to do a few things. Make sure the car is in good running order. Exhaust, CAI, and X-Cal with a good tune are mandatory. ILLS or Torrie are the only two I would deal with for tunes. ILLS (Robert) from KBX performance did mine. Couldn't be happier, totally transformed how the car drives and being able to shift at 7,000 rpm is a must to be able to run well. You may want to look into 4.10 gears also. You are carrying around a lot of extra weight compared to some of us. The Lambo doors, bigger wheels and tires, stereo and other electronics, body kit, etc....all add up pretty quick. just dropping 200lbs off your car will get you into the high 14's right now.

+1. Get the 3 basic mods and learn the launch technique.

but I don't take mine to 7k.

Members online

Back