First Post Longtime Reader.. few problems

poacheggs413

New LVC Member
Reaction score
This is my first post in forum but ive been reading them since I bought my car. I have an 02 LSE with 75K+ miles. I just finished replacing the valve cover gasekets due to the very well documented oil leakage problem (good times). Found I had one bad coil pack. I have a few other issues that I'm looking for advice with: My air bag light has been on for about two months now. I read here that the clock spring my need to be replaced can someone please let me know how involved this is and if there is a how to article. Also my AdvaceTrac light came on a few weeks ago and when I run the system check it just says "Check AdvaceTrac". If you guys have any thought on that one it would be grealy apprecieated.

there was a post a few days ago about the airbag light. something to do with a wire under the steering wheel and the wires coming loose. check out the posts in the last 3 days i think. i would do it but i'm stepping out the door right now

Someone dug up a DIY fix for it just the other day. I took it to the dealership cause I had inspections do anyways and it was so simple they didn't even put the results in the work order. Every things covered under warranty but to be honest I don't think they minded doing it at all. All they did was fix the pig tail under the seat. It comes apart or something from the easy entry seats going back and forth, a really stupid mistake just like the heated seat harness thats across the inflateing lumbar area of the seat.

For your airbag light I would try and check the connection under your seat. I had my airbag light come on about a month ago and i read on here that sometimes the wire comes loose or get cut with the easy entry seats. I just looked at it and everything seemed fine so i just jiggled it around and pushed the connection tighter and the airbag light went off. that was the easiest fix ever! i would try that first and if not then it could be the clockspring or something else.

Members online

Back