First Gen RAPs

purevilpleasure

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
I am getting ready for my install...and I really only want to do it once. I have found a few threads about the RAPs for the radio install. I have read that a wire is located in the passenger side C pillar....it's gray/orange? I think I read. Also it's a negative triggered so a relay needs to be incorporated.

Anyone ever find out if the wire runs in the dash any where, and if it's true that a relay needs to be used.

I have no trouble wiring anything but it seems the info is spread in a few threads and can find a clear answer for sure.

thanks much

without looking it up, what it RAP again ?

without looking it up, what it RAP again ?

It's what those young kids do when they talk instead of sing in their weird music.

I believe it's the wire that stays hot until the car door is opened or the stereo / accessories time out after the car is shut off.

lil_jon_yeah11.jpg

That's CRUNK G ! not RAP !

LOL

Check out LDM's thread on his Kenwood Excelon install. I believe he found a grey/black wire in the sunroof harness that is a negative trigger. I don't know if he ever hooked it up but if that's the wire you can just use a reversing polarity relay to make it work.

Yep i seen the thread, but I haven't heard if anyone actually got it to work....also different colors where flying around in the threads.

Members online

Back