first,and last of a dying breed

cadillackman

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
here's a couple of oddballs,one is the first small d'villes,an 85 coupe,it was fondly known as "goldie",the 2n.d is the last one ever made,a 93,dark cherry ragtop,i can guarantee you don't see many of these,there were only 168 of these produced with a full top,color and trim level,i know,it's a granny car to the fullest,but this car blew the doors off a 97 sts,which i find to be funny,considering i only paid 3,500 for it,and,at the time,the guy paid over twenty three for his seville,this car now has lincoln-like problems,rear air shocks don't purge,sits at full attention in the back,had i not already had my mark viii,i'd'v had no idea why,or how to fix it,isn't it ironic?,don't ya think?

306253_8_full.jpg

306253_6_full.jpg

So no one gets too confused, you are referring to the Coupe Deville and not the downsized Deville lines, except in the first part of your post. That ran from 1985 to 1988.
I own a simcon 4 door Sedan Deville '88 and a main reason I came to the site.
The small Deville with only the two doors still seems TOO small for my tastes, as the whole line downsized except the Broughams and limos.
The 1988, last year, got the best look and highest options, but not long ago, came across a small Deville converted to a drop top! Likely a two door, but I have seen four door convertibles where a frame like structure much akin to Olds' Cutlass of the 1990s was employed. Would love to know the scoop on those convertibles!
-Bill

Is the red Coupe' for sale? As far as the level ride goes it's probably the level ride control head located on the rear suspention.

It's deceiving because it has a plug in harnes but it also is directly wired to the battery and the way it's mounted you can't see that. These units do stick either open or closed. In certain instances it will drain the battery over a couple days of non use.

I did hear an odd, low noise, sounding more like the fans were still running. I just can't be sure what drained mine, but opted for a 770CCA battery backup
-Bill

Members online

Back