Finally Whippled!

05RoushMarkLT

LVC Member
Reaction score
Well, not much for performance talk for us truck owners, so I thought I would crowd in for a moment and show you what us on the heavier side of the scale are able to get out of our rides. I recently added a whipple supercharger at 8psi to my Mark LT. The stock whipple tune was done with Ford Racing, so a 99mph speed limiter was set in place, which really blows. We found this out on the dyno, and we cut off at 99mph at 4300 RPM, hitting 347 RWHP and 411 ft/lbs of torque. The numbers were consistent to whipples advertised 394 RWHP, but they removed the speed limiter to do their dyno runs. Great advertising technique.:rolleyes:

In 4 weeks I'll be taking the truck to Fresno and having the boost raised up to 10psi and install new plugs, injectors and a 95mm MAF. I'm hoping to see around 425-450 RWHP. I'm also hoping they'll work with me on removing or raising the speed limiter as well.

Here's a little video we took on top of the Hoover Dam parking garage last week.

Whipple Supercharged Mark LT

2125020_7_full.jpg

The Mark LT is a 5.4 3v right? Nice setup, I'm jealous... wonder what it does in the 1/4 mile!

how much did it cost you to SC your Mark LT? and I am just wonder, how badly did the SC effect your MPG?

I haven't taken it to the track yet. In fact, I'm fighting a lean condition and trying to figure out what is going on. I'm planning on taking the truck to Whipple in early May to have them up the boost to 10psi, change the injectors, plugs and MAF, and re-tune the truck. Their 1/4 mile on their test truck was 14.2 seconds, so I'd imagine I'm a bit slower being that I'm a supercrew 4X4 and they used a supercab 2wd. Once I up the boost and re-tune, I'm hoping to be right around 14 flat for the 1/4 mile. Currently I can take a Dodge Ram SRT10 Quad Cab, but once the mods are done, I should be even with the regular cab manual SRT10. My 0-60 is in the upper 5 second range now, and will hopefully be mid to low 5 seconds after the boost increase. Not bad for a nearly 3 ton truck! I plan to head to the strip at Vegas Speedway around the second week of May, just to do a couple 1/4 mile runs and see what my numbers are.

As far as gas mileage, my first tank was right at 10mpg, but I was stomping on it quite a bit. I've been averaging around 12.5mpg, but that is with several high rpm runs on the tank, and Las Vegas driving. I'm curious to see what I get on the highway.

Total price installed was around $6500. $5300 for the supercharger and $1200 for the install.

Thanks for the compliments. :)

I've got an update on the Whipple. I went to Fresno and let them work on an upgrade kit for the F-150's/LT's, and we pumped up the boost to 10 pounds, got rid of the speed limiter, added a 95mm MAF and 39lb injectors from a mustang cobra and autolite HT0 Spark Plugs. After several hours of tuning and tweeking, we pulled 427 HP and 474 Ft/lbs from the rear wheels at 98 degrees. We stopped there as I've moved back to Alaska and with cooler temps, I'll be right around 450/500, which is all the more the engine can take without more mods.

0-60 is in 5 ticks, and the 1/4 is around 13.7-13.8. Not bad for 5500-6000 pounds of 4X4 automatic red metal with heavy 22's. This is one bad ass ride now.

Members online

No members online now.
Back