Finally started taking stuff apart...

kaha

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
...to change the spark plugs! Holy carp, I'm sure it'll be easier the second time.

When putting things back together, I noticed something that concerned me. On the air cleaner outlet tube (which I had to remove along with the resonator to get at the plugs), there is a fitting that looks like some kind of vacuum line is supposed to go on. Passenger side, one closer to the front of the car. :confused:
I don't remember taking anything off of it :shifty: and a quick check of my shop manual shows that this is where the crankcase ventilation tube is supposed to mount.
Will it be okay without it? Is my car gonna blow up? :eek:

The Mark fired up just fine, but it STILL has that erratic hitch at idle, like a miss. Can't hear it outside when standing by the engine bay, but you can *feel* it inside. Revs smoothly, but at idle it has that erratic hitch, almost a mild shudder.

Any ideas?

Have you done the "Dark test"? That is most likely the hiccup at idle. Mine was bad with brand new MSD wires till I fixxed it. You just need to look around for the tube that goes on the aircleaner snorkle. Its there.

Have you done the "Dark test"? That is most likely the hiccup at idle. Mine was bad with brand new MSD wires till I fixxed it. You just need to look around for the tube that goes on the aircleaner snorkle. Its there.

by the dark test. are you talking about running the car in pitch black night to see if there is arching between the wires ?

by the dark test. are you talking about running the car in pitch black night to see if there is arching between the wires ?

Yes, My brand new MSD wires where arcing EVERYWHERE. I split loomed them everywhere they can touch metal and eachother. Also they arc to ground not just wire to wire.

Yes, My brand new MSD wires where arcing EVERYWHERE. I split loomed them everywhere they can touch metal and eachother. Also they arc to ground not just wire to wire.

yea i noticed that on some of your pics. I was considering doing something simular. My buddy said its not a bad idea to just wrap em nice and neat with some electrical tape.

Thanks for the info! I wondered what the "Dark Test" was, posts below explained it.
I'll have to try that, those aren't new wires. Probably original, heh.
So there IS a tube that needs to go on there? Means I gotta take it all back apart again... oh well, good practice. :)

Thanks again!

-Karl

yes you are going to need to get the hose form the pcv valve to the intake tube, your MAF is before the hole, so now it is reading wrong.

Thanks for the info! I wondered what the "Dark Test" was, posts below explained it.
I'll have to try that, those aren't new wires. Probably original, heh.
So there IS a tube that needs to go on there? Means I gotta take it all back apart again... oh well, good practice. :)

Thanks again!

-Karl

its not hard once you pull the intake tube off you should spot the hose. it wont be far from the area that it plugs into becuase its kind of short hose.

Members online

No members online now.
Back