Finally Some Pics With My New Sentas

Paint the lower grille black. Totally different look for the front end.

lsrain.jpg

thats what i was thinking...and do you think i could get away with painting/color matching the front valance, side skirts, and rear valance? at least for a few months?

I much prefer the look of chrome for this type of vehicle.....for a sports car or a import i would do aluminum.

Have you seen them in chrome on the ls? The car was a white gen1, I believe, and had chrome sentas. The car didn't pop as much as with silver sentas, but everyone has their own taste

i agree, but i was thinking of maybe having them painted gun metal when i take them off for the winter.

I think someone else mentioned doing this to their sentas, did you get it done?

I dont have sentas. Someone just painted their rims gun metal/charcol color, they look sweet.
http://www.lincolnvscadillac.com/showthread.php?t=66796&highlight=painting+wheels

+1 to pete. I painted the bumper grille black and it gave it a sportier and more appealing look. I only had it for 2 weeks and then got rear ended, then bought my lse bumper, but definitely a must in my book

Have you seen them in chrome on the ls? The car was a white gen1, I believe, and had chrome sentas. The car didn't pop as much as with silver sentas, but everyone has their own taste

No i havent, but i love the look of chrome when its polished correctly.

Aluminum rims look too bland to me, and remind me of something that goes on a civic. Black rims are too dark and dont show any detail...but when you can see your reflection in chrome and the sunlight beaming of it, thats nice.

Lowering with eibach pro kit

I didn't want to start a new thread, so I hope someone sees this and can help.

I'm going to lower my car with eibachs, they're already sitting in ny garage. I was going to get them put in this past weekend, but my mechanic recommended new struts/shocks as well.

I currently have the sport suspension. I know the base shocks offer a more comfortable ride than the sport. I was thinking about getting the base shocks with the eibachs. My question is,can I do this or will there be compatibility issues?

Also, what would be difference between
sport shocks and eibachs and base shocks with eibachs? Which would be the better set up considering I have 20's?

Well if you're putting lowering springs, you're going away from comfort. You want comfort, go with stock rims and base shocks. Not sure how base shocks and eibachs would work but I would assume sports shocks would compliment the eibachs better.

Well if you're putting lowering springs, you're going away from comfort. You want comfort, go with stock rims and base shocks. Not sure how base shocks and eibachs would work but I would assume sports shocks would compliment the eibachs better.

Oh I know that for a fact, by no means do I intend to get better ride quality by lowering the car, I guess I was mainly wondering about the difference between the 2 sets ups, and since the base ones are cheaper and if there really wasn't a difference, and base offers a bit more comfortable ride, I figured why not save some money?

You got a point. Well you might not have the same handling gains with base shocks, but if you dont mind that, go for it. Maybe there is someone who can help you that went with lowering springs + base shocks to lowering springs + sport shocks

You got a point. Well you might not have the same handling gains with base shocks, but if you dont mind that, go for it. Maybe there is someone who can help you that went with lowering springs + base shocks to lowering springs + sport shocks

I hope so, that's why I was afraid of posting here, but I think you're right about losing some handling potential. I think I would take better handling over ride quality tho...as always you've been a great help, thanks bro

No problem. Many people have installed lowering springs since I've been here and I dont think any have complained about the comfort with sport shocks and lowering springs. It might be that the new stance and better handling makes them not care about the rougher ride or it just isn't that much rougher.

i would chime in but i have neither of the shocks, and it really doesn't feel that much rougher to me

is there a DIY write up for doing the springs somewhere in the forums? i did a search but no luck within the first few pages.

also where would be the best place to purchase my shocks from?

HOnestly, I dont' think you are going to notice a handling difference between the 2 shock in everyday driving. If you are bringing your car to the track, then you would notice it. but if you are road course'ing your LS, you should probably install some spring rubbers too.

No i havent, but i love the look of chrome when its polished correctly.

Aluminum rims look too bland to me, and remind me of something that goes on a civic. Black rims are too dark and dont show any detail...but when you can see your reflection in chrome and the sunlight beaming of it, thats nice.

I know this thread is older but oh well I finally found the ls with chrome sentas I was talking about. Both are white and with sentas on, but to me, the chrome ones dont go with the ls as good as the silver ones do, but to each his own. Just thought I would share since I spent a good amoutn of time looking for this a while back but never found it, I actually found it recently by accident.

DSC01555.jpg

I know this thread is older but oh well I finally found the ls with chrome sentas I was talking about. Both are white and with sentas on, but to me, the chrome ones dont go with the ls as good as the silver ones do, but to each his own. Just thought I would share since I spent a good amoutn of time looking for this a while back but never found it, I actually found it recently by accident.

i agree, they dont go as good as the silvers on a white LS, maybe on a black LS?

ive been considering gunmental on my white, what do you think ALAX, since we basically have the same car, minus the mods of course.

Was in the for sale section. I had this pic, but sorry I never knew anyone was looking for the picture. I dont like the chrome either.. probly on any color ls.

i agree, they dont go as good as the silvers on a white LS, maybe on a black LS?

ive been considering gunmental on my white, what do you think ALAX, since we basically have the same car, minus the mods of course.

Gunmetal sentas would look sick, well they do in my head. As long as they aren't too dark to where they look black. Try photoshop, or I'll give it a try tom

Was in the for sale section. I had this pic, but sorry I never knew anyone was looking for the picture. I dont like the chrome either.. probly on any color ls.

I knew it was there because I remember when he posted the thread. I just couldn't remember his name or the title. I looked for a while but nothing.

Members online

Back