finally ordered new wheels

ballzac86

LVC Member
Reaction score
i finally ordered some new wheels this morning. i originally wanted the gianna blitz wheels, but i wanted the black on black look. so....these are 20x8.5", in black, with a 40mm offset. i ordered them through discount tire, and they should be in within a week. tell me what you think, and i'll be sure to take pics as soon as they're put on. -grant

zinik_Z21BLACK_lg_enlarge.jpg

Why do people keep putting 20" wheels on a car that the suspension was designed with 17" (maximum) wheels?? I don't get it. 20's don't look that good. Not worth the reduced ride/handling/performance and added tire cost. Just doesn't make sense to me.
To each their own....

The wheels look nice, I'm anxious to see how they look on the car. I have been looking for wheels all over the place and can't quite find what I'm looking for. Everytime I see a nice wheel I like, as soon as I see it on the car I'm dissapointed. I like the factory wheels...but they're OE which doesn't fly. :)

Now if your driving in the Mountains or at a Road Coarse race track and you need to go fast then yeah you would need the best handling, but i have 20s and really cant tell the difference anyway.

Why do people keep putting 20" wheels on a car that the suspension was designed with 17" (maximum) wheels?? I don't get it. 20's don't look that good. Not worth the reduced ride/handling/performance and added tire cost. Just doesn't make sense to me.
To each their own....
pretty much any car out there can be found with a wheel larger than that it's designed for. it doesn't automatically mean the car is going to fail in some way, shape, or form. i think bigger wheels look better to a certain extent. (nothing more than 20" on an ls)

-reduced ride(not sure what you mean): i rarely have more than 2 people besides me in my car, so thats not a big issue. my winter beater/play toy is a cherokee with 31" tires for when i need increased ride. haha

-handling: i came from a bmw 3 series with just about every suspension mod available for it(struts/springs, front/back sway and strut bars, aftermarket shock mounts etc), so no matter what could do to this, it wont handle as good as that car. not that it handles bad, just not as good....if that makes sense.

-performance: the ls isnt exactly "fast" in my book, so i'm not worried about the extra weight of bigger wheels.

as for tire cost, my ls came with 20's when i bought it, so buying more 20's is cheaper for me, especially since i have a warranty for the current tires. im not trying to argue with you, just giving you my $.02.

No difference in handling with the 20's in my LS.

I wouldn't go back to the 17's that came on the car.

I was going to get on the 20 bashing too until i saw ANOTHER pic of vivids...
Just can't argue that sort of evidence!
Seriously tho , to each their own for sure.

i would never go back to stock wheels on the ls. i dont miss being able to not care about how i drive. also i have found that i take alot better care of my car since i put the wheels on. and a whole lot more double takes from people on the road too. old and young people :) i guess it looks really good to alot of people.

Everybody has there own way of looking at wheels some people do it sport and other to it luxury. I would never go back to my 17" unless its the winter i have always loved bigger wheels.

20s are the perfect size, they look good, give you room to lower the car, i have not noticed any difference in ride quality and i am almost 2 inches lower.

I was going to get on the 20 bashing too until i saw ANOTHER pic of vivids...
Just can't argue that sort of evidence!
Seriously tho , to each their own for sure.

This is a very good point. Vivid your car is amazing! There is no other way to put it. And the wheels do look very nice. :D

20s are the perfect size, they look good, give you room to lower the car, i have not noticed any difference in ride quality and i am almost 2 inches lower.

Is your LS your daily driver? That has been my sticking point for a long while. I drive mine every day to the tune of 18-20k per year. I like the luxury ride but also push the LS in the corners sometimes and tire-roll sucks. I have never owned/driven a car with 20's on it. I think the biggest I would go is 18's. I just can't justify the expence (not just $) of the 20's. I would be all over a set of 18's if I could find the right ones at the right price.... but I am very perticular about anything that goes on my LS (I had the tint shop redo my rear window 3 times cause it wasn't perfect).

Beautiful LS there Broke. I'm not a big fan of the carbon fiber look but you do have a nice LS.... I love shaved handles.

I have twenties and my LS is a daily driver. I stick with VIVID on this one..

daily driver also. my 20's ride better than my stock 16's. have to drive a little slower in order not too rub but i drive on :q:q:q:qty roads...

Members online

No members online now.
Back