FINALLY! Have a way to get any black sealant headlight apart including 03+'s

another, too hard to get a good pic of these.

DSCN0904.JPG

DSCN0908.JPG

HDDave said:
Looks Good!!! So, uh, are you selling the other two pairs of CCFLs that you didn't need????

I would definitely be interested in them...

I will see, I may build another set of lights with the spares, but Ill keep you posted.

BanginLS said:
looks real nice and clean.. heres to no condensation!!!

I hear ya! I went through a car wash and still no condensation, I resealed these very good. The 03+ headlights actually have 3 screws along the outer edges to keep the lens and housing together, this really helps the sealant set when its held like that in place.

02V8Sport said:
another, too hard to get a good pic of these.
turn off u`r flash and you will get a better picture and you will get even better ones if you lower the exposure. lookin good though.

Have you had a chance to do a write-up yet? I am curious how you got them apart.

Looks good though.

Have you noticed any change in the light pattern emitted from the lights?

n8

n8bachelor said:
Have you had a chance to do a write-up yet? I am curious how you got them apart.

Looks good though.

Have you noticed any change in the light pattern emitted from the lights?

n8

I will try getting a write up today, I have been swamped with work since the 1st of the year.

The light pattern hasnt changed at all, The whole project went smoother than I thought it would.

02V8Sport said:
The light pattern hasnt changed at all, The whole project went smoother than I thought it would.
Installing the kits and doing this as a do-it-yourself kit is the way to go. That is one of the reasons we stopped selling the angel eye headlights complete. It is a simple job once you get the headlight apart.

GrayGhost1 said:
Installing the kits and doing this as a do-it-yourself kit is the way to go. That is one of the reasons we stopped selling the angel eye headlights complete. It is a simple job once you get the headlight apart.

I have the 1st copy of the PDF make on the HOW-TO. How do I get it up here on LVC? I can email anyone if interested with it.

02V8Sport said:
I have the 1st copy of the PDF make on the HOW-TO. How do I get it up here on LVC? I can email anyone if interested with it.
Send it to Joey and he can put it on the tech article section.

I'm very interested in seeing this writeup. Does anybody know if this is going to be put up in the tech section soon????

ive sent the write up to many people already, just PM me your email addr.

Ray sent me a copy and I'm editing it now to add to my website. Of course, Ray will get credit for his work.

Bringing a thread back from the dead. Anyone have any luck in getting these black sealant lights apart? Anyone try? I want to see if this was useful to anyone. Thanks.

I have been waiting to find out the Umnitza part numbers... I want to have the rings in hand before I open up the headlights

I dont really want to buy two sets of rings, so I haven't tried this yet. Also I dont have a dremmel. Soon though. These things are still on my list. And if there is ever a package offered for the 03+ LS on the rings I will jump on it.

n8

He was waiting for an install guide which I will provide for him. However, he is thinking the kits will sell for $249 which we will have on our website. I'll make this a priority for this weekend.

GrayGhost1 said:
He was waiting for an install guide which I will provide for him. However, he is thinking the kits will sell for $249 which we will have on our website. I'll make this a priority for this weekend.

I dont see why this kit would be more expensive than the 00-02 kit. It will be the same product right? just with different size rings?
We'll see when the product arrives.... I can't wait.

What color are the 'standard' rings? I notice you have listed Blue, Red,
3000k, 4500k, and 8000k in addition to the 'standard' color.

Members online

Back