Finally Got The Lincoln LSX On The Dyno

Pinknuts

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
Ok guys, I finally got the Lincoln on the dyno today. This is the first time the car has ever seen the dyno. Also the tune wasn't that great for horsepower, like I had figured. The car was only street tuned for driveability but never dyno tuned or with a wideband O2. So after seeing how rich it was running, that explains why the low numbers. I have already talked to my tuner and have made arrangements to fine tune it to make some more power by leaning it out and adding some more timing. But this dyno will make for a good baseline run.

Anyway, here are some teaser pics for now while I wait for the dyno video to upload on youtube. Enjoy.

UPDATE: Video uploaded after the pics here.

2011-05-24161402.jpg

2011-05-24161438.jpg

2011-05-24161200.jpg

2011-05-24172131.jpg

2011-05-24172113.jpg

YouTube - ‪Lincoln LSX Dyno.mpg‬‏

Wow. Very freakin impressive and the car looks damn good. I think you should get the rear plate surround color matched.

Hell Yeah! 300 plus at the wheels, Huh? Guess that was the right combo despite others thoughts about it on here. Makes me want to dump a ton of money into a 3.9L jag motor to get 50hp on a good day.

is this the ls with the ls1 motor that was for sale in springfield mo? i came down there and drove it . did you buy it from chad? car ran pretty damn good, just needed to be finished

thats sweet. cant wait to see the vid. with a good tune on the wideband you should be able to see another 30+ hp. keep us up to date.

where you able to fit aftermarket headers in there or did you have to use the stock exhaust manifolds?

And wow you're right! That is running super rich!

Last edited:
Good numbers already.

Plenty of room for more power tons of bolt ons for this engine.

Wow. Very freakin impressive and the car looks damn good. I think you should get the rear plate surround color matched.
I agree. That is also on my list. I'll get right on it lol
is this the ls with the ls1 motor that was for sale in springfield mo? i came down there and drove it . did you buy it from chad? car ran pretty damn good, just needed to be finished
Yes sir it is. The car has come a long way since you've last seen it huh? I've made a lot of changes, mostly cosmetic as you can see, but I figured it was about time to check the tune and see what kind of power it can make.

where you able to fit aftermarket headers in there or did you have to use the stock exhaust manifolds?

And wow you're right! That is running super rich!
The car still has stock manifolds also, I've been talking to my local fabricator to see if he think I can fit aftermarket headers in there or not. If not it will be way too much money to have him make custom ones.

And yea that thing is running super rich. Can't wait to get it back on the dyno to tune for some better numbers!

My new favorite LS :D

If you had gotten the same wheels we would practically have twins if the cars were next to each other... at least until you floored it :burnout: :eek2:

My new favorite LS :D

If you had gotten the same wheels we would practically have twins if the cars were next to each other... at least until you floored it :burnout: :eek2:

Haha thanks man. Yea we would have been twinkies. I guess now we don't have to worry about people getting us confused lol

So it looks like I was right and there's a lot of tuning left. When you tune I suggest tuning from 1200 RPM or lower. Also keep in mind your new rims and tires are lowering your numbers. If your other tires were 255/45r17 than your current 275/35r19 are 2.1% taller and weight more which makes a difference on an inertia style dyno.

Let us know how the tuning goes. Also, how much did your dyno runs cost you?

Oh lastly, what octane gas you running?

I bet a good 50hp extra can be squeezed out with a proper tune.

Members online

No members online now.
Back