finally got pics of my stang

What's not to like? From a styling stand point, Ford did a great job with the new Mustang. It's just a great experience to drive. The cockpit is great, the long hood, the V8 roar.... it's classic Americana.

nice looking mustang man. that body style definitely grew on me. i hated them at first, but i can actually say i like them now :) .congrats on the purchase of u`r new ride.

The new Rustangs handle fairly well.

This is what I don't like about them:

1. They are pretty noisy on the highway. Most of the noise comes from the hatch area.

2. Stock, you can't get one to go over 130ish. I've tried Several times. Granted, this was at 7000+ altitude.

Something else I can't think of right now.

And before you get to saying "Oh wtf do you know about mustangs..." Note the one in my driveway :p

rustang.gif

It's not mine, but I've driven the hell out of it.

But hey, congrats, I hope you wear it well. Don't worry about what other people think of your Rustang. It's all good.

Im sure youll like it. It will be a fun car to go ripping around in. And the aftermarket has more than youll know what to do with. Id like to get one but ive been kinda spoiled by the LS and really like it.

nice looking mustang man. that body style definitely grew on me. i hated them at first, but i can actually say i like them now :) .congrats on the purchase of u`r new ride.

+1 I've grown to like the new Mustang. I think the best stock look is, with no spoiler, the GT version, blacked out windows. What has been making me like the new Mustang is, seeing all black ones with blacked out windows with no spoilers driving around my town.
Congrats man, nice car.
+1

Nice ride. I think it's the same chassis as the LS, maybe that's why they handle better than older Mustangs. My friend, whos only 18, has a brand new GT, top of the line EVERYTHING. It's gorgeous. I feel with the new Mustangs it's either ugly or really nice looking.

1. They are pretty noisy on the highway. Most of the noise comes from the hatch area.
I had a low-mileage rental V6 Mustang as a loaner last year, and I'd have to agree with this. It was much louder and cruder than the LS, but it's not really unacceptably loud or crude for what it is--after all, one should expect a big difference in refinement between a car with an MSRP of around $20K and a car with an MSRP of over $43K.

Enjoy the car for what it is: an honest, fast, great all-American ride. :Beer

Nice ride. I think it's the same chassis as the LS, maybe that's why they handle better than older Mustangs.
It actually shares very little with the LS (the floorpan is the only major component that was used from DEW-98); the '05+ Mustangs are on what is essentially a new-from-the-ground-up platform--it's a unique chassis.

The new Mustang handles better than the previous Mustangs because the program's boss was Hau Thai-Tang (now in charge of Ford's Brazilian division, late of SVT), who was in charge of the chassis and suspension for the '00 LS, and was in charge of the '03 refresh of the LS.

It actually shares very little with the LS (the floorpan is the only major component that was used from DEW-98); the '05+ Mustangs are on what is essentially a new-from-the-ground-up platform--it's a unique chassis.

The new Mustang handles better than the previous Mustangs because the program's boss was Hau Thai-Tang (now in charge of Ford's Brazilian division, late of SVT), who was in charge of the chassis and suspension for the '00 LS, and was in charge of the '03 refresh of the LS.

good piece of info

Members online

No members online now.
Back