finally got my trans back in

K*A*B

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
its only been a month :Bang
shifts great , money was tight so i couldn't get the converter i wanted , ended up with a rebuilt stock converter , only 2000 on the foot brake and flashes to 2500 , it may go a bit higher on the bottle
i can't wait to get to the track

K*A*B said:
its only been a month :Bang
shifts great , money was tight so i couldn't get the converter i wanted , ended up with a rebuilt stock converter , only 2000 on the foot brake and flashes to 2500 , it may go a bit higher on the bottle
i can't wait to get to the track

You are spraying 150 shot on your stock engine right? How many miles do you have on it i'm thinking about doing a small shot myself.

113,000 miles stock pump and reg , the only issue for me was the trans , if you have a shift kit or chip it should be fine

i bypassed the factory trans cooler and used a tci cooler , seems to have lowered the engine temp , or at least makes it run consistantly cooler

K*A*B said:
i bypassed the factory trans cooler and used a tci cooler , seems to have lowered the engine temp , or at least makes it run consistantly cooler

yup, anytime you can keep that boiling-hot tranny fluid away from the heat exchanger, you will see lower engine temps.

I have the hayden 26k cooler, and it was hooked up wrong from day 1...cooling the tranny fluid BEFORE it got to the radiator...I didnt mind, since it was winter, and that allowed the engine to warm up the tranny fluid...but with summer approaching, it's time to swap the lines.

Glad you got it all handled.

Members online

No members online now.
Back