Finally found a turbo I can install on the LS without issue

Fake Blow off??? Magnetic sunroof??? Codpiece?? I couldn't design that junk with a straight face LOL! :slam

Its all about exploiting insecurities. There's a lot of money in insecurity. "I wish people thought I was cool/faster/wealthier/etc"

I just want to put the fake turbo sound on that bike from Peewee's Big Adventure and ride it around the beach. I'll be the next internet superstah!

"Kumba goes to the beach"

[video=youtube;CDafMzo4HO8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CDafMzo4HO8[/video]

I went to school with a guy that grabbed a turbo out of a junkyard off of a slightly better version of his car. only put on the header, downpipe and the snail itself... not a thing else. looped a hose with SOME oil from the out back to the in. thing sounded awesome for a couple of weeks until he seized it up! lol as long as there are stupid things for cars, there will be people that take it to the next level.

I went to school with a guy that grabbed a turbo out of a junkyard off of a slightly better version of his car. only put on the header, downpipe and the snail itself... not a thing else. looped a hose with SOME oil from the out back to the in. thing sounded awesome for a couple of weeks until he seized it up! lol as long as there are stupid things for cars, there will be people that take it to the next level.

So he installed a a turbo for just the sound? Interesting. Kinda sad, too, killing an OEM unit so no one else can use it. I almost feel bad for ruining all the spare LS parts I have, knowing the supply will run out one day haha

yeah, it was like $30 out of a U-pull and he just wanted to to sound like it was straight out of fast & furious! didn't bother hooking up any boost piping or anything else... he wasn't even going to do anything with the oil lines (this should tell you his knowledge level) but one of his friends explained that without oil running through it it would seize almost right away. before anybody that didn't help him do the work looked under the hood, we all thought it was the real deal, there were a few questions raised when everybody though the car didn't look any faster!!! then a couple of weeks into it, it suddenly stopped making noise. when we found out what the real deal was, we laughed for weeks (hell its a decade and a half later and we still laugh about it on some garage nights)

about a year later, one of my friends bought a 4cyl fox, because his mark 7 was falling apart, so he dropped the 302 in to the fox, a few months later he went junk yard surfing and spent a weekend welding up some brackets and threw a M90 blower on it. long story short, after that, all around our town everybody was trying to make their own m90 setups...

so same kid as before got rid of whatever sh!tty nissan he had before that, ended up getting a civic hatch and actually had a mechanic friend of his make him some mounts to strap a m90 on it (we told him he was an idiot and that seem like way too much blower for such a small motor and he would probably be better with like a m62... but that's a different story)

so anyways this kid ends up talking my friend into taking a look at it because they couldn't get it to run right, as soon as he popped the hood we were instantly blown away because the blower was hooked up backwards (air coming into the bottom and out of the back) and we were like why do you have it set to vacuum air OUT of the engine. but he swore that it did make SOME boost...

and thats when we found out (some) honda motors spin actually backwards!!! ROFL

Members online

No members online now.
Back