FINALLY AVN5495 Eclipse installed, engine noise!

immusicman

LVC Member
Reaction score
Well, I got the AVN5495 Installed last night. Speed sensor hooked up, PAC remote steering wheel controls all functioning properly. However, there are some bugs in the system. The most annoying is the fact that when the engine is running the engine noise is almost unbearable unless you turn up the volume pretty loud. I hooked the new aftermarket stereo ground to the original factory plug ground instead of going directly to the chassis..could this be a problem? All I know is , I need help with this problem..I am disgusted. The other issues are the unit doesn't dim when the lights are turned on,. I did hook up the illumination wire to the illumination wire on the metra plug kit for the LS. I don't know why it isn't working. Way too bright when night time. I have to figure that out also. My only other issue is the fact that the sub amp and center imaging amp are way too loud over the rest of the system. I am going to have to install a crossover on the rear sub amp to tone it down some.. The problem is the rest of the speakers are run from the headunit itself, the factory amps are obviously much stronger..so it doesn't match. I put the volume for the subs at the lowest setting on the head unit..and it still is twice as loud and has too many mids in it. I will fix it with a crossover..not a problem.. however, I have a problem with the ENGINE NOISE..ANY SUGGESTIONS? THANKS. I will get pictures up as soon as I get the faceplate trimmed in better.

I got it all fixed today! Just removed the headunit and found an rca output touching metal...bang..that solved the engine noise..illumination wire not working from aftermarket plug, found another source. it works great now. And as far as sub amp being too loud ..I found that one rca output from the aftermarket plug is for the front amp center speakers..and one rca input on the aftermarket plug is for the rear amp subs. Kinda strange since there are only two and one is red and one is white..common sense says they should be right and left..not so. So I hooked the rear sub amp to the rear rca faded channel and the front amp to the faded front rca channel. Now I can eq the mid bass from it and tune it down and fade toward the front a little. Sounds great now. I am much happier. Just need to trim around my faceplate a little. If anyone has any questions about installing an aftermarket radio in their LS, ask me anything you want..I will be glad to help .

immusicman said:
I got it all fixed today! Just removed the headunit and found an rca output touching metal...bang..that solved the engine noise..illumination wire not working from aftermarket plug, found another source. it works great now. And as far as sub amp being too loud ..I found that one rca output from the aftermarket plug is for the front amp center speakers..and one rca input on the aftermarket plug is for the rear amp subs. Kinda strange since there are only two and one is red and one is white..common sense says they should be right and left..not so. So I hooked the rear sub amp to the rear rca faded channel and the front amp to the faded front rca channel. Now I can eq the mid bass from it and tune it down and fade toward the front a little. Sounds great now. I am much happier. Just need to trim around my faceplate a little. If anyone has any questions about installing an aftermarket radio in their LS, ask me anything you want..I will be glad to help .
check out the thread I GOT SCrewd!!! by me...... how much would i job like that cost would u estimate?

immusicman said:
ask me anything you want..I will be glad to help .

I know its been a while since this thread but I am going to be purchasing the same unit. any problems? also what harness should I get,?

If possible let me know all of what I need from your experience.

Thanks,
Nick

Do you have any pics?

Members online

Back