finally a replacement for the LS

American companies are competing in every way I guess. Over in Japan and most of Europe they do call the cars by the numbers and all even if they have real names. It seems like thats the route they are all starting to take these days.

I still would have come up with something better than the Zephyr. Makes it sound like a blimp or something, I mean the things not even close to being a boat sized car!

They were most likely trying to have a throwback to the V12 Zephyr.

At least they got rid of the tank interior of the MKZ. The looks are growing on me. I'll have to check out the genII of it. Unless they come out with the MKR. In that case, ahghaguhguhuahg.

I just think the name Zephyr has got to be the stupidest name for a car in this era.:D

I cannot deny that the name is a bit out of place, but I also can't deny that it's one of the more unique names for a car. But I am a big Lincoln fan, and I like the heritage aspect of the Zephyr name a lot. It's a "classic" name, from a bygone era, something to remember even though you may have no idea what the car looks like. The name Lincoln is in the same boat as Zephyr imo, neither really fit the modern age, and that's why we like em.

But all that aside, it sure beats random letters or numbers for a car name. On that note too I'd really like to point out how much better off I think Lincoln's naming would be if they'd take their shortened MK and set it back to Mark. Mark Z sounds better already. Lincoln Mark S would be ok too. Like I said, I think they should embrace their heritage, and for the last 15-20 years one of the only things Lincoln's had going for it aside from the Towncar was the Mark series, which I think we almost all agree were sweet cars. They definitely all had personality, and were a bit different from just about everything else out there looks-wise.

I agree to a point but even more so that makes it stupid is that Ford allready had a car named the Zephyr.

cuba-zephyr.jpg

It is huge...204" long LS = 193"
It is huge...61" high LS = 57"(or so)
This is longer, and taller than the Lexus LS460!
It is huge...well over 4200#!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It is huge...204" long LS = 193"
It is huge...61" high LS = 57"(or so)
This is longer, and taller than the Lexus LS460!
It is huge...well over 4200#!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sounds like a town car replacement more than a LS replacement!

You can't really claim that Lincoln was stealing the name, as they had it first and had the right to use it.

No really? I figured that out. Thats why I said the article on wikipeida I posted was confusing.

Never said anyone stole anything.

I heard of its existence, thats why I looked into things with it. On the other hand I myself did not know of the other antique Zephyr that Lincoln made till it was posted. Hence the cause of the confusion.

Where and what country vehicle was released has nothing to do with that:) .

As for me, I really like the MKS, it gives me hope in that I will be able to replace the LS with another Lincoln someday. I plan to drive the LS until the wheels fall off of it. About a month ago, I had my LS at the dealership for service and they gave me a MKZ as a service loaner. The interior of the MKZ was beautiful, but the car just is not comparable to an LS in performance. I was happy to return the 2007 MKZ for my 2000 LS V8 when it was ready.

Since Lincoln is now competing with Buick... they don't have anything for me.

I am lucky enough that I get to drive my LS replacement :cool:

This MKS thing is what made my mind up to move on.

Members online

No members online now.
Back