Filthy Seat Belts

All2kool

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
I see this quite often in these cars when I peruse ads. What causes this?

Belt.jpg

This is from a Florida car with less than 70k miles.

Belt.jpg

at first glance I was going to say it got caught in the door weatherstrip.....but its way too low on the belt for that. Maybe it gets stuffed in the crack between the seat and backrest?

I see this quite often in these cars when I peruse ads. What causes this?

People. Seriously. It's dirt and fabric stains from people wearing the seat belt. Mine aren't that quite that bad, but I do try to clean them now and then.

People. Seriously. It's dirt and fabric stains from people wearing the seat belt. Mine aren't that quite that bad, but I do try to clean them now and then.

this...

honestly, people are dirt trolls

dirt from their cloths rubs off on the seat belts and stains them.

Anybody have a recommendation for a cleaner and technique? KS

I cleaned the Seat Belt in my LTC by extending it fully, clipped it with a big paper clip, soaked it in warm water and Dollar Store carpet cleaner. A little brushing, rinsing, and it was a good as new.

No my seat belts are clean. I maybe have a burger once every two weeks, if that. I clock in around 195 lbs, not what you think despite the name.

No my seat belts are clean. I maybe have a burger once every two weeks, if that. I clock in around 195 lbs, not what you think despite the name.

I think you mixed up your threads. This is the one about the guy with the dirty seat belts, not the one about the guy wondering why is suspension squeaks when he gets in and out of the car. The problem isn't too many cheeseburgers, it's not enough soap! :cool:

Members online

No members online now.
Back