ffffffing radio

1bad4.6l

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
Ok ive still got the stock head unit with cassette player and no cd. heres the thing I'll get in the car and the radio will have lost all its memory, stations and bass and treble settings.

It's like someone has unhooked the battery, but no one has. Any info would help and thank you.

Does this happen everytime the car is shut off? Sounds like the car had an aftermarket stereo in the past and they cut into the wire harness and never re-wired correctly. I would pull the radio out and have a look at the harness and connections. Maybe some pics. Chances are the contimous power wire into the radio was wired to a switch controlled wire.

thank you search master :bowrofl: andits not everytime just random as hell

I had the same problem once; but not in a M8 and with an aftermarket radio.

The problem was that the battery was old, weak and needed replacement.

When starting the car, the starter needed so much of the available juice from the bettery the there was not enough left to power the memory in the radio. This had the same effect as disconnecting the battery. Everything in the memory was lost.

I replaced the battery and the problem went away and has never re-occurred. It's been over a year since I replaced the battery.

If you decide to replace your battery I would suggest that you get a good one with a high cranking amp rating; not a cheap one that is 'just good enough'.

Good luck.

Check batt connections, body grounds and other connections. Take a pair of needle nose pliers and LIGHTLY twist all of the fuses. Their connections can loosen up and no current will pass. Had to do that with a Honda with a no start condition, actually acted like it had no battery in it.

when my alternator went that was the 1st problem I had. I got in the car and the radio was on 530am. But at times when I turn on the car the radio goes to 530 and thats with good alternator/battery

tested batt- good

tested alt- good

connections clean

I'm leaning towards the memory thing frogman was talking about today im gonna get on all data and track down the wiring diagram. ;)

either that ir the radio is going out the door and time to upgrade had same problem in my 94

ive got the same intermittant problem. does it about once a month. i would lean towards the radio taking a dump. lets face it it is 15 years old.

Members online

No members online now.
Back