fender roll

rickztahone

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
i was just wondering, for those that do have larger wheels and rub, is it just rubbing on the inside fender? i'm thinking of lowering my car because i'm tired of the monster truck look but i'm just scared of rubbing. i rub as is when i have one person in the back but i'm thinking if it's just the inside of the fender i can roll it but if it's something else then i won't even try it. do any of you guys have trouble bottoming out?

It depends a lot on your offset and tire combo. My 20"s fit before the drop, but with the lowering kit it messed up my fenders and rubbed into the tread of one of the tires up front and it constantly hit the wheel liner in the back. I have a fender roller, I tried rolling the fenders but the drop was too low for how big my rims were.

What size tires and what's the offset of the wheels?

Pretty safe bet you'll rub regardless, even rolling the fenders. I did with my +38 offset 18s and rolled the fenders, too.

What size tires and what's the offset of the wheels?

Pretty safe bet you'll rub regardless, even rolling the fenders. I did with my +38 offset 18s and rolled the fenders, too.

Do you rub? I want a set of 19" Gianelles with a 42 offset but I'm paranoid they will rub with my 1.75" drop.

When we all talk about rolling the fenders, we are just talking about prying up the little part of the fender that goes into the wheel well right? Just that little horizontal section that you can't see unless you get underneath?

If so, I'm probably going to roll them. I get the ever so slightest rub when I hit a BIG dip in the road.

TDub, I have a 42 offset on my 19's. Lowered probably as much as you. They don't rub at all with just me and the girl in the car. But I fill up the trunk, or get a bigger person in the back, and they do rub when I hit those bigger dips in the road.

Tire size I'm running is 245/40 19.

Yeah, it tucks the bottom of the fender up so there's not the piece of fender that would normally rub the tires. I actually have a fender roller so I'm going to roll mine before the paint job.

255/35/20 rub A Whole Lot, i Been trying to fix the Problem But So Far NOT even the roll of the fenders worked.

Offset is probably more of the issue than the tire size.

255/35, besides being probably too wide, gives you a 27.02" diameter.

A 245/35 would get you closer to where you need to be, at 26.75" diameter.

Stock outside diameter is 26.25"

Mine are 245/35/20. They rubbed so bad it cracked the aluminum fenders, and they were rolled and everything.

I Had Some Low Profile Tires, I cant remember da Dam size
thou and i NEVER had rubbing problems Not even when i had alot of ppl in the car. Now Just Me Riding solo i be rubbing sometimes, if i have 2 or more ppl in car i rub FOR SURE! so i'm waiting for summer to go back to Low Profile tires. i just gotta remember da dam size.

I feel that rubbing mainly depends on the offset of the rims because I have 20's with 245/35 tires and I only rub on a big dip in the road with 2 adults in the back and I have a system in the trunk.. check your offset

thanks for all the replies fellaz, i really appreciate it. as far as the offset i do not know it. i went as far as removing the wheels once and searching all over thinking it would be there but to no avail. all i have to go on is my tires which are 245/35/20. like i said before, i rub as is with people in the back. i also have about 100lbs of audio back there as well which doesnt help matters. i get pissed off when i see these ricers with their cars slammed with wheels tucked and i cant even do a 1" drop without mad rubbing. i was hoping the general consensus was that a fender roll is all it takes to fix the rubbing issue. i guess i will hold off on the lowering then, thx again for the help

If you rub at stock height offset is not the issue.

Look into the suspension. I forget what size tire brings 20's to the same over all diameter, I think you are ok but that and bad suspension would be the only cause at a stock ride height. The car is not low enough at ride height to cause a problem like that unless you are hitting some serious bumps and have more weight in the back with the people than what you think. I dont know, maybe the people are just really heavy people,... no offense.

Oh and check the liner and make sure its not warped or hanging down somewhere causing the contact.

Members online

No members online now.
Back