Fender Emblem

01continental

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
I was looking through Ebay's Lincoln emblems from any year or any type. I found two 2 emblems from an old Town Car's roof pillar (they did not know the year except that is was old school). They were kind of rough where the red color was. I took a chance and ordered them for $10. They are between 2" and 3" high. I was thinking of buying the very large current MKZ fender emblems but they seemed a little large. They are black instead of the old school red. Anyway, they arrived and the red was faded out as I suspected. So, I cleaned them up and had my wife paint the emblem black where the red used to be. I think it looks really cool and is unassuming. I have already been through the car wash a couple of times they still look good. I used 3M double sided emblem tape. I cut them down to cover the whole inside of the emblem.
Please see the attached pictures.

meh, I don't like it. They look like they are just hanging out, But I am also not a fan of badges.
They look like they don't really fit in there I don't know....

I like 'em! I had got a price from Max on the 2011 MKZ emblems. They are about 3" tall but they are pretty thick.

BA1Z 16720 A :EMBLEM 1 34.32 34.32

BA1Z 16720 B :EMBLEM 1 34.32 34.32

Not sure why there are left & right part numbers unless there are mounting pins on the back that aren't symetrical or they may have a slight curve to them.

I like!

I've also looked into the MKZ emblems..I think our grill emblem would look better with little more size...;)

I agree, I think our front grille emblem is too small. Currently I have the Cobrastar decals at the front and rear surrounds. That was one reason I used the decals. That is also why I used the fender emblems. After applying the decals there were no more Lincoln emblems. So, I added the two fender emblems to help people see what make the car is.

They look good on your car!! It must be nice to be the first to try something new like that!

Not a fan I actually think your Ls would look better with just the two emblems (Grill & rear ).

Not a fan I actually think your Ls would look better with just the two emblems (Grill & rear ).

+1

I think that if you really wanted an emblem there, a decal would look much better, more subtle and definitely not sticking out.

You really like stickers, don't ya? :D

I think they should be pulled back toward the doors, and down a little bit closer to the door guards, but that's just my opinion.

I'm a fan of emblems, but think they should be something that looks natural with the car - like it came that way from the factory. I originally had my cobrastar emblems below the door guards and in front of the doors themselves - it didn't look right. The more I looked at it, the more I agreed with others that they needed to be moved.

Just remember, it needs to be the way you like it - that's all that matters

Yes, back toward the door maybe an inch at the most would look better. Look at Tru Blu's Cobrastar emblem..

YOUR eye is the ultimate judge. I think its a very clean look on your white LS..looks like it could be stock to me!

I bought some various emblems off ebay too. I want to do something similar with the MKZ emblems but do feel like they are a bit large. I knew somebody was gonna beat me to it. I have a few vintage looking emblems I was going to use in the body of the a mesh grill. The emblems that are round with like a wreath around them.

The large MKZ embelem looks GOOD on an MKZ. It is just with the LS a different looking body, needs a different emblem. I the large emblem were stock on the LS I would have used it. The emblems I found were from an old Town Car and , I think, look good on an LS. I probably looked at a hundred emblems before finding the old Town Car roof emblems which I did have to paint black where there was formerly red.

Members online

No members online now.
Back