Favorite picture of your ride..

mholhut said:
Ahhhh yessssss.... One Mark VIII in a sea of LS's...

HAHAHAHA Yea I only looked at the topic and realized after the fact :)

I couldn't decide which was better. What you think?

7-5-2006-21.jpg

fbf11fb5.jpg

aserrano said:
What suspension do you have installed?? I like the drop!! How much is the drop??

Thanks

Thanks... Its 1" in the front 1.1" in the rear Eibach...The only ones they make for the LS (i belive at the time)

T_Man said:
2006 LS SVT :cool:
LS4.jpg

LS3.jpg
Dude. Welcome to LVC! Did you hear that Magnaflow has decided to produce the cat back for 03+? Guess you won't have the only one anymore...:p

Kelleyo said:
Dude. Welcome to LVC! Did you hear that Magnaflow has decided to produce the cat back for 03+? Guess you won't have the only one anymore...:p
Thanks Kelley.

Yeah I heard about 2003-2006 LS Magnaflow about a month ago. We've been all over it at the other club. My guy here at the Magnaflow R&D center says it's still 4 to 6 weeks away and that it's different than what they did for mine. He couldn't give me any other details, so we just have to wait and see.

mholhut said:
Goin' well Tony. Is there going to be a 2007 calendar?
Good to hear Mike.

Yes, Mr. October, I'm working on it. You should come back and get your LS in it again.
:rolleyes: :p :)
:joke

T_Man, love the ride! is that a custom paint job? i've only seen the darker burgundy paint on LS's around town, but then again i haven't seen many 06 LSs. also, educate a newbie on this one, what is the difference between an LSE and a SVT?

steagle said:
T_Man, love the ride! Is that a custom paint job? I've only seen the darker burgundy paint on LS's around town, but then again I haven't seen many 06 LSs. also, educate a newbie on this one, what is the difference between an LSE and a SVT?
Thanks Steagle.

No, it's not custom.
That's the stock Vivid Red paint on a bright sunny So. Cal. day.

The SVT is a spoof on my part. There is no SVT Lincoln. I found an SVT emblem at a swap meet and stuck it on the back of our LS. But I do get a lot of comments about it.

Since our '06 is so heavily modified (K&N CAI, Magnaflow Cat Back, Eibach Springs, Brembo Drilled Rotors, Vivid Red Painted Calipers, 18" Chrome CDC Wheels and All Red LSE Tail Lights) I thought is kind of fit.

This is the LS Lincoln should have built.... with the 400HP motor.

VanDarela said:
Thanks... Its 1" in the front 1.1" in the rear Eibach...The only ones they make for the LS (i belive at the time)

Im Taking a Decision this weekend either I Buy Eibach Springs or My Friends mhollhut Spring Tech with an amazing 1.75" Drop

T_Man said:
Thanks Kelley.

Yeah I heard about 2003-2006 LS Magnaflow about a month ago. We've been all over it at the other club. My guy here at the Magnaflow R&D center says it's still 4 to 6 weeks away and that it's different than what they did for mine. He couldn't give me any other details, so we just have to wait and see.
Cool. I wonder what the differences will be. Can you post a pic here of your magnaflow prototype to give folks here a taste of what is kind of coming?

Kelleyo said:
Cool. I wonder what the differences will be. Can you post a pic here of your magnaflow prototype to give folks here a taste of what is kind of coming?
Sure thing Kelley.
For those who may not know, through another LS club, I was contacted in 2003 by Magnaflow and asked to donate my 2003 LS V8 to their R&D dept. here in So.Ca. so that they could design, fab. and install a new cat back exhaust system for the Gen2 LS. For my time and trouble, Magnaflow would give me the prototype system to keep.

So, I let them have our LS for a couple of days and this is what they came up with. It features 2.5 inch pipe, a X-Box cross over and a pair of flow through mufflers with 4" stainless tips.

It looks, works and sounds great! So why didn't they bring it to market in 2003? Because after dyno runs there at Magnaflow, the horse power gain was only 5hp. Not enough at the time to warrant mass production.

About a month ago I was informed that Magnaflow is now going to release a cat back exhaust system for all 2003 to 2006 LS's. Last I heard, it will be available in 4 to 6 weeks. They would not tell me the cost, but they did tell me that it will be different than the one they built for me in 2003. What will be different, they would not tell me.

So maybe they were able to get more HP out of the system. Maybe there are enough '03-'06 LS's on the road to justify the cost of production. Or maybe enough LS owners have asked for it. Time will tell.

Anyway.... This is what it looks like on our LS.

Magnaflow 3.jpg

Magnaflow 4.jpg

Magnaflow 5.jpg

Sick looking Tony. Did you ask them why they didn't go with a traditional X pipe like on the Gen I's?

mholhut said:
Sick looking Tony. Did you ask them why they didn't go with a traditional X pipe like on the Gen I's?
Mike...
The X-Box takes the place of both an X-pipe and the resonators in one package. Inside the box, the two pipes are perforated with sound deadening material covering the inner area of the enclosure. So the exhaust pulses are combined inside the box before moving down stream to the mufflers.

I would hazard a guess that the cat back system Maganflow brings to market for the Gen 2 LS's is a more traditional setup with an X-pipe and resonators like their 2000-2002 product.

Members online

No members online now.
Back