Favorite Car

97 Ivory Pearl VIII

See somethin' shiny?
Reaction score
Okay, I just want to get an idea of everyone's most favorite car that they've ever owned. Mine would have to be my first Lincoln, a '73 Continental with a factory 460. I bought it with 42,000 miles on it in 1985. It floated like a cloud but really hopped when you hit the throttle. Triple gold including a gold cloth brocade interior. Because of the interior, my daughter called it the "Flower Car". It was the first car the we took a road trip with after she was born. She was 11 months old and it was May of 1988. We went to South Carolina. I remember the massive trunk, the glide ride and the way it would hold rock-solid on whatever speed you set the cruise at...even through the mountains.

Ross

97 Ivory Pearl VIII said:
Okay, I just want to get an idea of everyone's most favorite car that they've ever owned. Mine would have to be my first Lincoln, a '73 Continental with a factory 460. I bought it with 42,000 miles on it in 1985. It floated like a cloud but really hopped when you hit the throttle. Triple gold including a gold cloth brocade interior. Because of the interior, my daughter called it the "Flower Car". It was the first car the we took a road trip with after she was born. She was 11 months old and it was May of 1988. We went to South Carolina. I remember the massive trunk, the glide ride and the way it would hold rock-solid on whatever speed you set the cruise at...even through the mountains.

Ross

Boy, that's a tough one.
I have had some great cars in my life and picking just one is pretty hard.
I think I would have to say my first of two 62 Cadillac convertibles.
I bought the first one in 1964.
It was frost blue inside and outside with a white top.
Beautiful piece of machinery.

Nice Ride

Bob --

I checked out the photos of your Mark. That's a sweet ride! I think some of the greatest Lincolns (and the most forgotten) are the '58-'60 models. You've got a nice one there!

Ross

97 Ivory Pearl VIII said:
Bob --

I checked out the photos of your Mark. That's a sweet ride! I think some of the greatest Lincolns (and the most forgotten) are the '58-'60 models. You've got a nice one there!

Ross

Thanks for the compliment on my prizes possession.
I am working hard to get it up to at leaste a #2.
I hope to have it finished by next year.

Well I guess I'd have to say my Mark VII. As I have never spent time with any other car I've owned.

I did like my 95 Conversion Van. Good thing I got rid of that before my son got his licence.

I thought of what I would have used it for when I was in High School. I'm not a grandparent yet LOL.

That is a tough question......it all depends. I will stick with what I have owned, not what I like that either I have not owned, or cannot afford.....lol

My 1967 Plymouth Barracuda Fastback.......that would have to have been my favorite car that I have ever owned.....and still looking for another one too.....
:Beer

Since I have only owned two cars, the last one being a Subaru. :rolleyes:

I have to say my current car, my 94 Lincoln Continental Executive, White over Burgandy Leather interior. :L

My favorite car is my Mark II but my best car is a 1988 BMW 750iL that I had fitted with TRX wheels and tires. I got to drive it on the Autobahn at its maximum speed of 155 mph. I still have that car. I can't seem to be able to part with anything.

My favorite of all time was my (don't laugh now,) 1991 Mercury Topaz GS 4-DR. My father bought it brand-spankin' new a week before Christmas, 1990 with only 19 miles on the clock. It was this odd shade of medium blue that I had only seen on Mustang GT's of that era. It was sharp and the MOST reliable car I had/or/will ever own. We had the car for 10 years (pops 7/me 3) ran up over 200k miles on it, only had to replace the Catylitic converter and radiator fan (outside of wear & tear). STUPIDLY I traded the Topaz in on A WRETCHED '94 Thunderturd(*ahem* I mean *bird.) :slam
Wish I still had it today. BTW I know it's still running today, a little old lady drives it to the local Wal-Mart daily.

I hate to say it, but mine was an 84 Riviera that I bought for $300.00.It looked a little rough, had no choke and took a little to start but got me through the hardest period of my life.In the worst winter here in a few years, when I was broke, it started every day to get me to work and even pulled the neighbor's Shivvy truck out of a show drift.One of my worst day's was when it started knocking and I realised it really wasen't worth putting the money into, but GD, what a great car.

Members online

Back