fast idle

sweetride

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
changed the plugs (autolite 764's) & wires (napa premium) . Problem with stumble , missfire at light load is fixed , engine runs great . Now i have a problem with a fast idle . It cycles between 1500 and 1800 at about 10 second intervals . Can't find any vacuum leaks , checked all connectors and reset ecu . Any ideas ?

Frat-man-du said:
IAC - just a quick guess.

Nuts , could i have damaged the IAC while changing the plugs and wires or is it just a coincidence ? Is it miserable to replace ? Is it pricey ?

sweetride said:
Nuts , could i have damaged the IAC while changing the plugs and wires or is it just a coincidence ? Is it miserable to replace ? Is it pricey ?

Do you have a Gen I or II? On the II its a snap to change, on the Gen I it may take a little more time but still not too tough. The IAC in both cases is located right near where the MAF tube enters the engine. I believe it is right around $100 new.

Lugi20 said:
Do you have a Gen I or II? On the II its a snap to change, on the Gen I it may take a little more time but still not too tough. The IAC in both cases is located right near where the MAF tube enters the engine. I believe it is right around $100 new.

Gen1 . Is the IAC the sensor that plugs into the intake tube ?

original problem : stumble/missfire under light load

escalated : check engine lite , bad missfire at all rpm (code p0304)

solution : replaced plugs & wires as advised by LVC members but now had fast idle

solution : took car on 30 mile highway run , problem cleared up

Members online

No members online now.
Back