Fast Bag system

Jibit

Dearly Departed Friend
Reaction score
Any one here ever try to do the fast bag system that Kale came up with? I was thinking about it but would like to talk to someone that has actually done it first before I get into it and find out that its more involved than I think.

MonsterMark said:
Don't forget the curb feelers!:rolleyes:

not looking for a bouncing Lincoln! Just want something to fill up faster if I decide to slam it

I was perusing the Air Suspension Sites as well as Kale's write up... and it seems if you just do a new tank and compressor, run new air lines, replace the bags if needed, new valves, wire it all up and you should be good!

That looks like a fairly high pressure system... Or if you want... go Nitrogen!

You can actually use the stock compressor, but everthing else has to be replaced. I looked into it a couple years back. I decided to go with the module8 and keep about $1500 in my pocket.

Why in the hell would it cost 1500 dollars? I priced it to under that even with replacement bags!

You should be able to do it fairly easily

And I wouldn't keep that stock compressor... too much load on it if you have an external tank.... And if your going to do the work you might as well get a decent one!

actually the write up includes an additional compressor. He recommends an additional compressor for every 4 gallons of reservoir you add. Thats where my confusion came in. I have a spider valve and was thinking of running the extra compressor line right into the valve because it has a shrader valve on the top of it (in case your compressor goes out and you need to fill up the system manually)

Fast bag system is great, but if you plan on keeping the factory computer level the car it is useless. The fast bag system is too fast for the antiquated factory computer to keep up with.

Hope that lends some light to this subject....if not already considered. :D

Well there are some SICK computerized management system out there that use a combo of Air pressure and some other sensors to self level and you can have several different presets!

You could do it the ghetto way with some timed relay, some patients, and some time but IMO it would be easier with a new comp....

Your completely right though.... Factory computer would be scratchin its head trying to figure out whats going on!

Well how did Kale do it then? He doesn't say anything as far as the computer? I would suppose that it was only made to work with the switches but if the car raised up too quick wouldn't the factory computer just vent the bags to factory height?

Yes the computer will, and with the speed of the new system installed it will over compensate and deflate too fast thus causing the system to want to pump back up. I spoke to Kale at length about the system he installed and devised that is why when I had the AssassinVIIIor done I went with a complete aftermarket setup. I kept the bags but everything else was controlled thru switches and the gauges installed in the car. I had a spot on the gauge where I would ride around with.

The system will over compensate due to how fast the new system is in either direction.

that really sucks!!! thanks for bursting my bubble! :rolleyes: Ok, so what did you use to control the system? :D If you kept the original valve to deflate the bags wouldn't it go slower and therefore still work? Work with me here! I'm not trying to lower the car fast, just raise it fast so I don't have to wait forever for the damn thing to raise when I'm slammed.

Check out VT kustoms dot com... They have pretty good prices on a lot of stuff...

The easiest way to just to mark the pressure guages to where you want the car to sit and ride and go from there...

There are Mgmt systems where you can preprogram position based on ride height and/or pressure in the bags and it will automatically stay there

Look around and you'll find all sorts of neat toys with this junk!

Ohh and to answer your question... if you are upgrading the tank and the and the compressor you should do all the valves being that the stock valve aren't going to be able to stand up to the new pressure!

Members online

No members online now.
Back